Did you lift today?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by ArcheryGirl, Jul 6, 2014.

1. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I grunt to make myself feel manly. I feel more so when I am doing the heaviest weights around. Happens more often than not, it's just coincidence though, maybe it's just the hours I go.

2. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

Thumbs up for that.

Not a picture but a video of an example of bad form.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyG7RYxNHWI

The girl went down just a smidge more but had more than twice as much weight on it. They don't say "get down to the grass to get that ***" for nothing. He is also bouncing up and down which doesn't do anything if you want to build muscles. Full range of motion seems to mean something different to everybody lol You should also put the weight on your heels not your toes. Just a few things to consider when squatting. I don't feel comfortable to do it free weights and the rack helps a lot.

Another example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFgrYK6vNwo

This is how it's supposed to look like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rT-6-ZpeNw

I love his videos!!!

Yes that's where I go. Do you go there too? Knuckleheads is an understatement hahaha

uhm... last time I checked I wasn't nasty pervert lol *check again* Nope still a girl hahaha

I could write a whole list of stereotypes at our gym. I'm sure we have all of them lol

Oh you are one of those huh? hahaha

3. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a lot of back pain that I contribute to lifting heavy weight with poor form. At 42 I feel the years of abuse I put on my body daily.

4. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

Sorry to hear

5. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Not to self from this morning at the gym! Dont forget to charge I pod !! I had to wear them any way and fake listening because the mad talker was the only other person there! When I have them on he knows not to flap gums :jerry: On a good note, had an awesome back day!

6. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

I do that all the time. At least that way they either don't talk to me or I can pretend i can't hear them. I gotta say that most guys are really nice to me. They let me jump in between sets and take the weight off machines when they are done. The perks of being a girl. And blonde hahaha

7. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can't stand the folks who are too damn lazy to wipe off the bench after they are finished, leaving a puddle of sweat. That, and the ones who have to throw weights down after they are done and not put them away. If you aren't strong enough to set the weight down after your set, and PUT IT BACK...ya might want to drop some weight

8. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hate when like there aren't heavy enough weights for me to use. That, and also the treadmills don't go fast enough for me.

9. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't even get me started on the jump ropes.................some day BAMMMMMMMMMMM

10. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

Hahaha

Golden? Or Lab?

11. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been going to the gym since it was the Pump Room, then moved to STC and was Powerhouse, then Danny started XSport. Beth from the Spa and I grew up together as well. Not sure how long you have worked out there but I am a grumpy bastard when I'm there and my buddy Brian is even worse.
    [​IMG]
    I also worked out with Big Fitz for several years. The last year and a half I have spent most of my time at the Schaumburg location.
    [​IMG]

12. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Go to your local health food store and get Astaxanthin. Take for 3-4 weeks and you should start seeing the inflammation settle. I'm 42 and used to have the same issues until I started taking it 4 years ago.

13. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

Not sure if I've seen any of you guys. What time are you usually there? Not sure who Beth is either. I only know two girls from the spa I went to for a massage. If there is something that doesn't bother me it's grumpy people. I usually look *****y because I have a grumpy look on my face all the time lol Went to the Schaumburg location once. It's a nice gym for sure but kinda too modern and people are full of themselves. I also prefer the "old school" equipment compared to the new fancy ones. Hate the kneeling leg curl machine in Schaumburg and will probably start crying when the standing one at our gym breaks.

14. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Brian is a teacher at St. Charles East, he usually goes in around 3:30 when it isn't football season and mornings in the Summer. Fitz works out with a good buddy of mine Mike still, they are usually there around 6-7pm I think. I was in there around 10-11am last year on and off but have only been going to Schaumburg this year except for a few Fridays I went in around noon. The STC gym is my favorite as well, both have a lot of knuckleheads. Have you see the guy at night that has the rec spec glasses and walks around the second floor reading books?

15. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

Hahaha no haven't seen that one but have you seen the skinny young guy that always comes with his blonde mom? He is the master of bad form. We also call him the lizard because that's how he looks like when he is on the treadmill. There is also a tall brunette that's always dancing and singing. She also screams when she is punching the boxing bag. Is always wearing shorts and long socks. Watched her one day and had to laugh. A guy came up to me (laughing) and said "She's interesting to watch isn't she?"

It's kinda fun to just watch some of them.

16. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do you guys all work out at the same place!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

Seems like we do just never really ran into each other. If Justin will find a shirt for me I'll wear it to the gym so you know who I am :D

18. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    What time are you usually there? I've been known to walk up to screamers and bad form goons and be a smart azz. The worst was when I put the little dark haired trainer that is older and a bodybuilder on the Shoulder Press machine by the railing and did a set of 8 with her standing on the stack after some ****** was screaming doing half reps with the stack. We all got a laugh when she screamed full reps when I started.

19. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

I'm either there around 10am or 7pm. Don't like when it's packed so I try to avoid peak times. I know exactly which trainer you mean. She looks like she used to compete back in the day.

20. TroyS

TroyS BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    That first pic is one of my football coaches from HS, "coach T".