destroyer 350

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by trophyhill, Dec 13, 2009.

1. trophyhill

trophyhill Newb

Dislikes Received:
    anyone shot the 350 yet?

2. Gram82

Gram82 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes....It is amazing that every year Bowtech comes out with a bow that is better than last year. The 350 is smooth and fast. There is no hand shock and is super quiet. You just have to shoot one.

3. Th3_IA

Th3_IA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot one yesterday, it lives up to the hype! I have also shot most of the other brands and IMO the destroyer is the best without question.

4. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot the 340 a week ago...Awsome bow but I didn't like the cheap plastic grip...

5. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have only shot the 340. I had no real interest in the 350 as the DL isn't long enough for me. The 340 I shot was awesome though. I still plan on shooting a 350 for fun when the shop gets one.;)

6. powderski14

powderski14 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    shot it yesterday along with the new mathews z7 and dr2....the destroyer just didnt feel all that good in my hand....ended up buying a z7 just waiting for the call that its in...

7. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Couple of questions:

1. WHY is there a shock absorber on the roller arm of the 340......and not one on the 350?
    2. Does the "scarring" of the limbs/in-velvet (during cam rollover) of the 350's NOT concern any of you BT guys?

8. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    1. WHY is there a shock absorber on the roller arm of the 340......and not one on the 350?

Where'd you see this?

9. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Where'd I see it????

In a Bowtech dealer's shop. If you asked me, if it was added to the 340 by the dealer.....he should have also added one to the 350 (everyone should.....or better yet....BT should)!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  10. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't know if you saw it in a pic or in person. As far as I knew, they bother were bare. The 340 I shot at my shop had nothing on the Flex Guard. I plan on putting a Sims insulator strip on mine.

[​IMG]

Bought a two pack of them the next day after shooting the 340, one for my 340 and one for the Sentinel.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  11. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What about Q # 2?

12. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    2. Does the "scarring" of the limbs/in-velvet (during cam rollover) of the 350's NOT concern any of you BT guys?

From what I saw, (on the glorious internet) the "scars" aren't incredibly noticeable (some guys that were checking didn't even know they were there) and if Matt/PA says that its from cam rotation when pressed, not drawn, then I am not concerned. When he says it's a problem, I'll get concerned.

13. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So if a bow has only been shot....and not pressed.....and the scarring is there.......................??????????

Hey I don't have a dog (or a care) in this fight. But Atlas's post showed me just how rabidly these concerns can be addressed.

14. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just a dumb hick from PA, what's the meaning when used in this context?

15. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You're a smart guy, Ben. Figure it out. If you want to discuss this further, shoot me a PM.

I think it would do a LOT of people good to remember how some other "issues" were passed off as "user/shop dictated errors" about 18 months ago. That one turned out to be a "little" more widespread.

I was going to post the photos of the 350 in my local shop on Atlas's thread, yesterday........but that's not possible, now.

16. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not as smart as you or alot of the others on here, so I guess I will dictionary.com it. I'll pass on the pm, that's the purpose of the forum, discussion.

Again, (only if you want to) inform me what your talking about. The General? I guess I missed the "user error" thingy back then. From what I understand, I thought the problem was in less than 1% of the bows.

I don't think there is any harm in posting the pics in this thread or a new one, afterall it's the Flex Guard that we would be "discussing." I for one, would like to see what a dealer may have used to dampen. I like seeing what others have done. Post em up.;)

17. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    rab⋅id  /ˈræb[​IMG]ɪd/ [​IMG] Show Spelled Pronunciation [rab-id] [​IMG] Show IPA

Use rabidly in a Sentence

See web results for rabidly

See images of rabidly

–adjective
    1.irrationally extreme in opinion or practice: a rabid isolationist; a rabid baseball fan.
    2.furious or raging; violently intense: a rabid hunger.
    3.affected with or pertaining to rabies; mad.

For those that were wondering as I was.

18. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Typical.

PM sent.

19. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Jeff,

You need to press a bow in the factory to assemble it. I clearly said in my response from Corporate that this could potentially happen during assembly at the factory. Without the name of a dealer or serial number of a bow we have no way to track down what happened to a specific bow, so it could have happened at the factory, the shop, or at the consumer level.

So far we have seen about a half dozen of these that have the marks out of X,XXX that have left the factory. A few of those with marks have been tested by the bow owners to see if they are rubbing during the shot sequence, and none of them are that I'm aware of.

When I see one that doesn't have clearance during the shot cycle and that is documented, it will get relayed to Bowtech, and the owner of the bow can reach out to their dealer to have it resolved.

20. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Matt:

I have only seen and shot ONE. Like I said to you in PM.....I was going to the shop anyways....so I took some pics. I sent those to Ben/PA in PM. He can post them if he wants to. I'm out.