Delta Mckenzie target

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Hoytxhunter, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Hoytxhunter

Hoytxhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    About a month ago I finally broke down and bought another shooting block. I picked up a Delta Mckenzie 400 fps block target from a sporting goods store (which has since lost its backbone and me as a customer because it pulled all its guns off the shelves after the Orlando shooting) Prayers are with the victims.

Back to the target. So I only had the target out 3 times for a little practice. I then noticed the foam layers starting to come apart and separate around the edges. I contacted Delta and they told me to send pics of the issue, that it sounds like I had a discontinued model with defects. I sent the pics of the target and they responded within 3 minutes to let me know that I had purchased a discontinued model that probably shouldn't have been on the rack and asked for my address so they could send me a new block that replaced the style that I had.

Still waiting for the new block as of today but I wanted to give props to Delta Mckenzie for the prompt response to replacing a defected product (that shouldn't have been on the shelf) instead of just telling me to take it back and return it.

2. Bowsage

Bowsage Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought one of their blocks and the glued in rope handle came off/out after picking it up a couple times. I contacted customer service relentlessly and got nowhere. I'm still a one time customer.

3. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did you ever get the new target? I'm looking to get a new target for shoting broadheads.

4. Hoytxhunter

Hoytxhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I did get the new target in. Hell I forgot I posted this thread. lol Yes, the one they sent me is about $100 target ( for what its sold for). I still have the defective one and use it just because. Im about to take a hot knife to the edges just to try to put it back together. I haven't even unwrapped the new one yet. I think Im gonna try to keep that one in the house till the other one is no good to shoot. I have shot my broad heads at the old one and it was fine. I would think that the new one should be even better. Time will tell about the quality but I will say the experience I had with the customer service was way better than you get now a day from most places. But like bowsages post that said they had a hard time with them. I guess it all depends on what mood you catch them in as to what you get in return.
    I was thinking about just using the old target for brand heads and the new for field points. Idk yet.