Deer Scent Question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by x ring300, Oct 2, 2014.

1. x ring300

x ring300 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi.
    Found a fresh scape today .Is it to soon to use #69 SPRAY OR LIQUID. Would like to try it but the weather has been a little warm and I hoping it is going to cool down before I go .Bug's are getting there second life and it's late for them .What's your opinion.Thank's X Ring 300

Jenning's T Star II
    5575 Gold Tip Expedition Hunter Arrow's
    3 Blade 100 grain Muzzy Broadhead's
    Blazer Vane's
    Alpine Quiver
    Cobra Release
    Limbsaver Product's
    Whisker Bisquit rest
    Tru.Glo.Pro Sight

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  2. Adamant2010

Adamant2010 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You can try it but, i think its a little too early for estrous. I would use plane buck/do urine or maybe some scrape mate.

3. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't put anything that has estrous or any rut scent. I would just use plain Ol buck pee.

4. DnH_Scents

DnH_Scents Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Since you asked, I will say no. Dont bother with urine. Your own pee is just as valuable in that scrape as the tiny and overpriced deer pee you can buy. After very little tine (before you will hunt the spot again all thats left is urea and ammonia (you can provide that yourself) The Pheromones you are hoping are in that brown bottle dissipated before it hit the shipping dock of the store you buy it from meaning that pee would be just as valuable if it came from a deer, cow, sheep or you.

5. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Use a little 'buck fever synthetics' brand to freshen it up. I've heard good stuff about that line of products.

Or do what I do... I rub a little EverCalm on licking branch and pee on the scrape. Seems to be working very well. Started one on a field edge last year that way and it went crazy. Started two so far that way this year and they're getting used. Just freshened them up a few days ago

6. x ring300

x ring300 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Got out yesterday for about two hour's . Working at nite and getting home at 5:00 in the morning just don't work to good well I did't see anything and I think I did't mess anything up anyway the wind was way to strong so I would of never heard them coming .Try again soon maybe one of my ladder stand's. Good Luck xring300