Deer routines

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by boilerman, Jul 28, 2016.

1. boilerman

boilerman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just checked my deer cam and had lots of pictures but the bigger bucks are only showing up about 1:30am to 3:00am. I have does and fawns through the day but its the first year I had a deer cam out this early or one that worked this good (stealth cam g30). Just looking for some opinions out there if this is a sign that these bigger bucks are going to stay on nightshift until the rut. I have some smaller bucks through the day as well but no signs of the big ones through the day. I hunt public land and no food plots so not a heck of a lot to bring these bucks out in daylight. I guess that's why they are still around. There is one nice 9 pointer that is going make me sit a long time in the tree for him it looks like. Just looking for some thoughts on if these bigger deer will make a daytime appearance before the rut.

2. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They could.
    Just depends on how far away from you they are bedding. Do you know where they are bedding at?

3. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Knowing where they bed will help a lot. If they have a long walk to get in front of your camera, they probably won't be showing up under you stand any sooner. Unless the change where they bed this fall. Best of luck to you.

4. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a group of bucks coming in in the middle of the night all summer last year and on the 2nd day of bow season they were out just before dark and I arrowed the bigger 10 pt. Never had a daylight picture of him. Not sure what changed but it made me happy.

5. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Only deer routine I've seen is they know when rifle season is and disappear 2 days prior and show back up once the season is over.