Deer cast/movement forecast

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WildernessPhantom, Sep 16, 2018.

1. WildernessPhantom

WildernessPhantom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How many of you pay attention or follow all of the deer feeding/moving times. I recently downloaded the deer cast app by drury outdoors and it basically states whether mornings or afternoons are good or bad. I have also seen the lunar calendar times. There are so many options out there. I have always basically hunted days depending on the wind direction. Do any of you follow this stuff and if so, does it work? thanks in advance and God bless.

2. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just take it all with a grain of salt, last night was supposed to be "excellent" and it was my first sit of the year (of 3) where I didnt see anything. Is that the apps fault? No there are a countless number of other factors- neighbors, pressure, coyotes all unpredictable that influence these things. Hunting on wind direction is much more important than hunting based on a forecast of good movement

3. WildernessPhantom

WildernessPhantom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty much what I was thinking. I only get a handful of hunts in per year. I was curious if anyone that hunts a lot ever saw any type of trends. Thanks for the advice.

4. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt when I can, if I can look at it app and it says good deer movement I can say I get happy, if it says it’s bad I like to challenge it!

Adam
    Matthews Z7 Magnum 29/70
    Gold Tip Hunter XT
    100g Slick Trick Standard