Deer Camp or Deer Hunt

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Spear, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Both.

In MN I hunt right out my door. Mostly solo, with the exception of a few days when my buddy comes and hunts, and then opening weekend of rifle season when my brother is up.

WI is Camp life at the Cabin. The Fitzgerald boys get together there for the rifle season.

2. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We use to go to a buddies cabin in northern Missouri. There would be anywhere btw 4-6 of us. It was always a great time. Over the years all of us have children now and our priorities change.
    We bought a farm so we are able to hunt right at the house. My in-laws live within 25 minutes of us so I can hunt there as well.
    I miss hunting with the group but I also being able to walk out the back door and head to the stand.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  3. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt day to day around my different spots in MA & NY... all relatively close proximity... within 40min anyway.
    I go to a camp for one week a year for a bow hunt...

4. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Deer camp is the best! I hunt with my Father and his four best friends, and their kids who are also my age and a few other guys. We all travel 8hrs from Florida to Georgia to hunt and usually try to all go at the same time. Our camp consist of two old beaters of trailers, gutted and fitted with duel bunk beds each. We use propane for the stove, grill and heater. A generator for trailer lights and A/C. Fire pit is a must and we complete our bathroom duties on a box! Some of my favorite memories are from deer camp and sitting around the fire pit.

deer camp 1.jpg

deer camp.jpg

deer camp 2.jpg

deer camp 3.jpg

deer camp 4.jpg

deer camp 6.jpg

deer camp 5.jpg

We have since put a cover over the "bathroom" Lol

5. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We acquired our dream camp 3yrs ago. Its in stueben county NY. We had been allowed to use it to bow hunt out of because none of the guys living around there bowhunted. They were all gun hunters. The property and camp belonged to a man who was my hunting partners uncles neighbor. We always left the camp in better shape than we found it in. We borrowed this camp for 15yrs telling him if he were ever to sell to contact us first. The call came 3 yrs ago and we bought it. It has come a LONG way since then. It now has electricity {generator} big screen tv, dvd,ceiling fan microwave,weather station running hot and cold water although i wouldn't drink it. we collect water from our new steel roof into a 275 gal syrup food grade tank. We installed a propane tankless hot water heater for the outdoor shower when we enclosed one end of the porch.

6. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    pictures of camp IMG_0898.jpg IMG_0902.jpg IMG_0917.jpg IMG_0919.jpg IMG_0921.jpg IMG_0922.jpg IMG_0925.jpg IMG_0943.jpg Image.jpg Image 3.jpg Image.jpg

7. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I made a video of the improvements as we went along but its long and boring to anyone else to watch. I call it "this ol shack". The last 3 pictures are of site work we had done with a bulldozer about a month ago. 1st wk. of july 2016