Deer Activity before season

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by IndianaBowHunter18, Jan 31, 2017.

1. IndianaBowHunter18

IndianaBowHunter18 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have spot that I hunted this year that had trail cam pictures everyday for a month straight before season but once season came around the deer didn't show up to that spot as often. What do you think caused the deer to not come to this area as often?

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have trail cameras out and feed as well, I do not hunt early season and there is zero hunting pressure in my area. Things I have noticed over the years, when bucks lose their velvet and the bachelor groups break up they get pretty nocturnal even with no pressure. Fall is a transitional time for deer with patterns, travel and even bedding areas. Food is gaining a higher priority in the fall and when different food sources become available deer will go where the food is.

3. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Only the Deer know. This year the camera at my main spot, had buck pictures for just over 1 week in August. Rest of the year pretty much nothing except an occasional 1yr old. I know they are around but for whatever reason they didn't pass in front of this camera. Remember a camera only covers a very small area, I try to move the camera around a few times to capture the area from different angles. Might show deer are just a few feet from where you expect them, and can also possibly show you different travel patterns for them