Deep thought of the day

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by boonerville, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry might lose some friends with this post.

Because man can’t fathom the thought of nothing after they die. So man made up said god and afterlife so they would feel better about death. It’s a good feeling believing that grandma is living in a paradise, then to know grandma is dead, rotting in the ground and that’s it.

Man used the fear of god and religion to keep the peace in society, to keep people orderly.

If there is a god and he loves us then why did he let a million Jews die during the holocaust? Why does he let children be molested by his messengers wearing their church garb?

I’d love hearing the justification to that above point.

If that’s the way god shows he loves us or to test our strength, then god can kiss my ass.

I’ve seen things that have made me think there might be a god, but if there is, he has a lot of explaining to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boonerville likes this.
  2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No friends lost. That's your opinion.

I've been drinking some Pabst tonight and for some reason this cracks me up.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wish was good enough with words and language to convince my friend Swampy here that God was not made up by man but rather God made man.
    I hear a lil atheism comin thru and wish i could convey properly the thru a forum the importance of believing.
    The only thing i can think is that the same spirit that tells you ther is no God, is the same spirit that says why does God allow bad things to happen to good people and y did he allow all the jews to be killed.
    Maybe you remember that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth u can read bout it in Genesis.
    Ther is a part were ther was two people and they were told not to eat of a certain tree, but they did because God gave every man a chioce to do either good or evil. When they eat of the tree the seed of sin became and the seed of sin is in every person. The seed of sin causes people to lie, steal, fornicate, be drunk, do drugs, kill, and destroy one another. It also makes them say ther is no God and turn and justify themselves in that.
    Ther is no degree of sin. The boy that steals a candy bar and the murderer on death row are the same in Gods eyes
    Ther also the same if the boy tells the store owner he is sorry and ask for forgiveness not only from the store owner but also from God.
    The prodigal son said “I have sinned against God and my earthly father”.
    The seed of sin has ruined the lives of many and has killed many people, but the Bible says not to worry about thise that can kill the body but worry about the one who can kill the body and soul in hell.

Now none of this is goin to do any good if you dnt believe.
    Believing is a problem for many modern day christians also because they dnt believe sin is as sinful anymore and its ok to fornicate and be drunk and be gay and your still goin to heaven. There gona be wrong one day.
    This is a pretty long message but i really want you to understand that the same spirit that says ther is no God is the same spirit that killed all the jews and ruins lil childerns lives
    I like u swamp that y i took the time here.

Lee Koehn, cantexian, CSHIRK and 3 others like this.
  4. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I disagree with you but you are not loosing my friendship because of your belief .
    You are entitled to your beliefs as I am entitled to mine .

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

5. charleshibner92

Dislikes Received:
    You will have everlasting death without Jesus.
    To many people only want to believe in Heaven and not believe in hell and this has cause many many religions in this world because people just cant believe because it dnt line up with what they want to do. “Strait is the gate and narrow the way” if everyone soin it then your probably on a highway witch isnt really a narrow path
    And btw lots of pretty flowers grow along a narrow path

CSHIRK and boonerville like this.
  6. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    What if a person lives their entire life in a Brazilian rain forest with 0 outside contact? What if that person has never heard of Jesus? Are they going to hell or are they going to be reincarnated so as to "try again"?

boonerville and Swamp Stalker like this.
  7. charleshibner92

Dislikes Received:
    God will make Himself known to every person or being that has a soul at some point in ther life. It could b as somple as the person recognizing that ther is a higher power. The Bible plainly states that the gospel will be preached to every man, ther just one thing, the man in the jungle of amozon is not as accountable as the man that live in a christan nation or the man that has live in this country is not as accountable as the man that went to church and believed but didnt do.
    Make sence?

8. charleshibner92

Dislikes Received:
    Kinda the same thing is u dont require of a 1 year old child what u do of a 10 year old or of a 10 year old what u do of a grown man

9. charleshibner92

Dislikes Received:
  10. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No friend lost here Swamp...I admire those who speak openly and honestly regardless of their opinion.

You hit on a lot of good points...and I say that in full disclosure that I am a Christian. But, I don't hold to a lot of the "traditional" Christian teachings. I'm weird in that I need things to make sense in order for me to believe them. I don't believe God, or his purpose is/should be shrouded in a cloud of mystery that a lot of folks put it in. My thoughts on your points...

"Because man can’t fathom the thought of nothing after they die. So man made up said god and afterlife so they would feel better about death. It’s a good feeling believing that grandma is living in a paradise, then to know grandma is dead, rotting in the ground and that’s it."

Absolutely 100% correct. Satan, “the father of the lie,” has deceived people since the start of human history (John 8:44) Some of his lies include false teachings about death and about life after death. Those teachings form the basis for many popular customs and superstitions. God did not intend for humans to die. But in order to live forever, Adam and Eve had to obey God, who gave them a simple command: “As for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.” Then Satan came on the scene. He said to Eve: “You certainly will not die.” Sadly, she believed the lie and ate the fruit. Then Adam ate the fruit. Because of this, sin and death entered the human family. Adam and Eve died, just as God had said they would. But Satan did not stop lying about death. At some point in time, he began to introduce other lies. One of those lies is the teaching that the physical body dies but that some part of the person lives on, perhaps in the spirit realm. Variations of that lie have deceived billions of people for centuries. How you may ask? Well to your point... Satan’s lies about death exploit the way we naturally feel about death. Because we were created to live forever, we do not want to die. We consider death an enemy, so believing that a loved one is not really dead, but alive in an invisible spirit realm helps soften the blow that a person is really gone. Personally, I believe in what the bible says...that "the dead are conscious of nothing."

"Man used the fear of god and religion to keep the peace in society, to keep people orderly." To some extent I also agree. A lot of religions do use fear of hellfire and such as motivation to do good. I do not agree with any of that. It contradicts God's personality as a God of love. Such teachings slander God if you think about it. In effect, they attribute to him, the God of love, the personality of the Devil. How does that make God feel? After all, he hates all forms of cruelty

"If there is a god and he loves us then why did he let a million Jews die during the holocaust? Why does he let children be molested by his messengers wearing their church garb?

I’d love hearing the justification to that above point.

If that’s the way god shows he loves us or to test our strength, then god can kiss my ass.

I’ve seen things that have made me think there might be a god, but if there is, he has a lot of explaining to do." This can be a tough one to understand, especially if one listens to "traditional" wisdom. People like to say God is in Control, and ultimately in terms of the universe, yes he is. However he also made it clear why terrible things happen to humans on Earth. "The whole world is lying in the power of the Wicked One" (1 John 5:19). Satan took control of the world when he was cast out of heaven for challenging God's sovereignty. He is the reason terrible things happen, not God. But sometimes humans try to comfort themselves by justifying terrible things as acts of God. Parents who are grieving the death of a child may be told that God has taken the child, perhaps to be an angel in heaven. Does that really lessen their pain or add to it? Ecclesiastes 9:11 paints a very different picture. God doesn't "take" people. He created Angels to be in heaven. Humans were created to be here on Earth. Sometimes "unforeseen circumstances" (accidents) just happen. As for those who persecuted the Jews and clergy who molest children...Evil exists in the world because of Satan. But that doesn't mean God caused it. He gave humans free will. That free will allows people to choose whether they are influenced by God or by Satan. Sadly, some people choose wrong and turn into pure evil. To answer your question directly...God didn't let those people be killed or molested. Satan is in control of the earth...he let it happen.

11. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    "You will have everlasting death without Jesus." what exactly does "everlasting death" mean? The bible doesn't speak of that, only of everlasting life. Is there a difference between everlasting death and just death? The bible says the dead are conscious of nothing, and describes death as like a deep sleep. If that is true, how would one be aware of the passage of time?

12. Hatfield Hunter

Hatfield Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bible written by a bunch of men many years after the fact ?????? Look how women are treated, like 3rd class citizens, look how women are still treated by towel heads ! put 2 and 2 together ??? Bible written by a band of men who liked things the way the were ! how any woman can believe in the bible is beyond me ?

13. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Umm...well...couple things. First, those "towel heads" you refer to don't use or believe in the bible, so how they treat women is irrelevant.
    Second, the bible does not condone treating women with disrespect or as 2nd or 3rd class people. On the contrary, it tells husbands very plainly to take care of their wives "as (meaning in like manner) Christ does the congregation". Anybody who doesn't treat women right isn't doing so on account of the bible.

cantexian, CSHIRK and dprsdhunter like this.
  14. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    if there is no afterlife; then what reason is there to live anything other than a life of hedonism and sin?

15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I've thought of that a lot. Maybe we would treat each other better if we all knew we only had one life to live.

boonerville and Swamp Stalker like this.
  16. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like reading through the different opinions/beliefs on this topic. I’ve not read a page of the Bible and I’ve been to church maybe 10 times outside of weddings, etc. I don’t know what to believe. I believe there is a god or higher power, but have a hard time believing everything that was written in a book by however many people. The stories written in the Bible were passed down from so many people over so many years. How do I know everything written in it isn’t just some fairy tale some authors made up? I don’t.

I’ll form my own beliefs based on my assumption that there is some type of higher being and hope everything is OK. If I die and rot in the ground because there isn’t a higher being, or no heaven, then so be it.

It’s good to have an open mind and accept others opinions on these types of topics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. charleshibner92

Dislikes Received:
    Do you believe in afterlife? What happens when we die?

boonerville likes this.
  18. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ducks don't have a penis, it's a cloaca.
    "If there is a god and he loves us then why did he let a million Jews die during the holocaust? Why does he let children be molested by his messengers wearing their church garb?"
    It's called the free will of man. Read Genesis chapter three as a starting point. God allows us to make choices. Have any of us made bad choices? Good choices? If we go with the idea just quoted, then we become nothing more than automatons. I suggest reading the entire Bible with an open mind.
    This is a real deep subject and nothing is gained or lost with the limited discussion and views given. I am an ordained minister but won't be back as time won't permit me to address comments, opinions, views, issues, etc.

dprsdhunter and charleshibner92 like this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I believe it is like a TV program, once I die shut off the TV, the Sota show is over.

arrowflinger1 and boonerville like this.
  20. charleshibner92

Dislikes Received:
    Booner let me back up and try again. When u die ther will be everlasting life. Not either life ir death guess i would veiw hell like diein over and over but i think its like everylasting life the only difference is ther is good everlasting life and bad everlasting life heaven or hell but u will live for ever in either torment or bliss. Does that make sence?