Deductions..... The debate...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by buckeye, Feb 20, 2010.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The most important part of the game is from 100 yards and in anyway. Why people don't practice something that consists of 70% of the game is beyond me. They'd rather plug away driver after driver after driver at the range. Grab some wedges and hit the chipping/putting green if you want to be a better golfer. It would be like only practicing 60 yard shots with your bow.

2. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

If you'll notice..............I wasn't the one preaching the extreme of EVERYONE cares about score. My post covered the bases of true "average" hunters and how little in my experience they care about such trivial nonsense. I included the liklihood increases as you shift to the more atypical hunter I described. I also didn't just cover my area as I have been in I think 6 different states hunting and it holds true again in my experience based more on the "averageness" of the guys chatting then anything else.

What I think most of this boils down to is the misconception that the supper table at Hadley Creek, Hunting Expos, and these boards somehow represent "average" hunters.

3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What's funny I was pretty much stating the same thing as you Atlas;) All I am saying and this is from me dealing my hunters in my area. They all state they don't care, and I truly believe they don't. Until they shoot one with some size, call what you want, they suddenly care about the size of the rack.

Jeff I think Hunters are number 3 on your list;)

4. Nalgi

Nalgi Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is why im a SCI scorer!

The score is what God gave them to score! :cool:

5. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    After my visit to the Illinois Deer and Turkey Classic today, it reaffirmed my overall conviction of the gross score over net score. Though I love big typical racks I really was blown away by the difference between some of the gross and net scored bucks. Some of the most magnificent racks were done an injustice by their net score vs other rack's net score, that although very nice, didn't really compare.........................IMO.