December 7th, 1941

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by tynimiller, Dec 7, 2016.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Teach those that never knew. Remind those that have forgot. Honor those that would but cannot.

Someone I respected and has long passed said, "That day the American people were shoved into the reality we are not above evil, above terror. That day America came together in such a way I've not yet seen again."

[​IMG]

2. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My grandfather was in the Navy in 2nd world War and had just left Hawaii 1 week prior to this all going on. During the war him and his best friend got bored and traded places( he was the gunner, his friend the artillery loader) Not one minute after they traded places his buddy got killed and he lived to go on and marry my mamaw and have 9 kids and be a preacher. I don't remember much about him because I was 4 when he died but I do remember him showing me his medals and uniform and being in such awe of all he did. I didn't understand it at the time but I do now.

3. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I ended up Stationed on Pearl for 3 years of my enlistment, stood security duty on the Memorial and Ford Island a few times. Of my time the one thing I will never forget is the 50th Anniversary commemoration. All the ships in port at full honors, crews in dress uniform manning the rails. One day as I was leaving base on my Motorcycle, had the Secret Service pull in front of me to block traffic as President Bush's motorcade went driving by.