Death Dealers - TEAM 20 Thread

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by scarps23, Aug 18, 2014.

1. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

DucksUnlimitedHunter27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got settled back in. Not much for daytime pics in the back from the first cam. I'll look through and pay more attention tonight. This cam where I am now has 4900 pics since Sunday. Not sure what happened. Lot of corn on the ground still.

Going to finish getting settled and have a snack. Updates to come.

Sent from my Moto X

2. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. Keep up with the updates.

3. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks hoping tonight is the night. Eager to see what 4900 pics I have from this stand. I put out 120 or 160 lbs of corn at this stand Sunday with one bottle of whitetail magnet over the top. There was snow on the ground then. No longer.

Corn pile is still there and I don't see any branches or tall grass that could have set it off.

Hopefully some good pics. Spike cruising in. Catch y'all soon.

Sent from my Moto X

4. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    No idea where he went. Came in under the hwy bridge smelt around then left. Didn't hit corn. Set off a buckbomb and he sniffed around that as well as a tree or two I sprayed nose jammer on.

It is still kind of sprinkling so most of that scent should wash out. Hopefully gets rid of what he didn't like.

Supposed to have SSE 8 mph winds the rest of the day 40% chance of rain until dark.

Barely been sprinkling. Currently 0 mph N winds. Dense fog advisory just popped up. Getting spooky. About 4.5 hours left.

Sent from my Moto X

5. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Here's a pic. Looking straight to my left where spike came from. That's towards a small hwy. May be able to see the bridge over the river. River is in front of me but has a high bank. To my right is thick woods that follow the river.

uploadfromtaptalk1416597485074.jpg

Pic of the field when I walked out this am and fog had just set in.

uploadfromtaptalk1416597485074.jpg

Sent from my Moto X

Attached Files:

6. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    What a dreary day. Foggy and rainy. Rain hasn't been around and shouldn't be the rest of the night. Think the fog is here to stay. No more movement since the spike. Hopefully the woods will come alive soon.

Sent from my Moto X

7. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Your about ready to hit the good time. Looks like a good spot.

8. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't see anything last night after the spike. Haven't seen anything all morning either. Little rain and a lot of fog again. Looks like it may be clearing.

uploadfromtaptalk1416673718529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416673718529.jpg

Sent from my Moto X

Attached Files:

9. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
  10. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    No idea where to hunt tonight... These deer have me fooled

Sent from my Moto X

11. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Flip a coin. Might be a good night with weather clearing up. Good luck wherever you choose.

12. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Well didn't wake up this am. Those 2 all day sits kicked my butt. Going to head out there soon to set 2 cameras and pull some climbing sticks. I may go to public land tonight and try to shoot a doe. Gotta head back to school. I'll be back in my stand for another all day sit on Wednesday.

Sent from my Moto X

13. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Decided to get up really early this morning a drive back to hunt. Think I hit town about 4:45 and my stand plenty early around 5:15. Quiet morning. Had 1 what I think was a buck cruise through early but it was hard to tell. Had 3 does at my corn pile for a bit. Then saw a couple decent bucks chasing across the river.

I've switched stands to the last place there is corn left out, and it seems I've been getting some daytime movement after looking at my camera. Nothing crazy, but I'd be happy to tag a nice buck from here

Sent from my Moto X

14. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. Keep at it. Something will happen.

15. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Let's see some pics of some dead deer this week or weekend. Good luck to anyone that is out.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  16. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its gun season in WI now. I shot a doe Tuesday afternoon. Passed a good one last evening. The buck last evening I have a lot of history with. I have 6 years of pictures of him.I believe he is 9 years old. At 7 years old he took a slug to the rear leg, below the knee. Now his lower leg is gone and the opposite side of his rack is deformed with only 3 points on it. The good side is a huge 5 point which if he matched I estimate him to be over 22 inches wide. I have told the landowners I wouldn't shoot him and did not last night even though I had him at 20 yards for a short period of time. He is true warrior and a testiment to how tough big bucks are. He deserves to live on and die of old age. I look at it as my good deed for the year:) Hope he makes it through to Dec 10th, the last day of the extended rifle and muzzleloader hunts in the metro area. I will post some pictures of him when I get home. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

17. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    That's an old deer.

18. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Well. Out yesterday morning. Took my dad on his first deer hunt. He sat in my lonewolf of the back side of my tree. Nothing moving though. Have some pics but mostly night time. I need to pull some of my climbing sticks today, so I think I'm going to get out and hunt the last 2 or 3 hours before dark then do that. Be nice to see a buck but I'd even like to tag a doe. Rifle opens Wednesday, so I'm running out of time and about to hang the bow up and start chasing ducks.

Sent from my Moto X

19. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys this could be it for me. Had to pull my lone wolf sticks tonight before heading back. Just climbed up figuring I could sit until dark. 62 degrees and sunny with a strong south wind.

Almost blows everything up river from me out depending on the course they take. Although, the river seems to help carry scent away from it with the wind funneling in the timber.

Could sit this weekend some but I have a busy week with school next week so I need to get focused here before finals.

Rifle opens Wednesday so I may try to sit at a buddy's by school and tag a doe before. I usually never hunt during rifle, and by the end I've usually gotten caught up chasing waterfowl.

Who knows, I may get motivated for a late season sit or two.

I've gotten some decent bucks on cam with a bunch of does on what is left of the corn at this stand. Most of that activity has shifted back to after hours. Maybe the nice weather had bucks bedded down and not moving. Maybe they'll try to sneak in for an easy snack in the wind.

I'll keep you posted. Wish me luck.

Sent from my Moto X

20. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Not much happening on here. I'm sitting out awhile to see how late season looks. I can still get a late muzzleloader tag that I can use my bow on.