Death Dealers - TEAM 20 Thread

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by scarps23, Aug 18, 2014.

1. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well no hunting for me tell Oct. 28th since I'm at work!!! But with the weather looking like it is I think the week I'm off is going to be pretty decent!!! Another good night is that I'm finally getting off my night **** and getting a day shift position!!!

2. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. Looks like you got a good plan.

3. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    We are in 12th place right now with no bucks shot. I like our chances if we get a few bucks and a few more does. Not that this should influence anyone on how they are hunting. Just thought I would let people know where we are. Remember 2 photos of each deer with bow and yourself in them.

I have a feeling this weekend we will start seeing more action. Tuesday - Thursday next week looks good for me here for weather temps. I'm working on freeing up time to hunt nights during that time. Might get a morning sit in midweek also. I'm starting to get really excited. It all happens so fast and it is over.

Good luck to everyone out there.

4. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

DucksUnlimitedHunter27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Headed back to my property now. Should be there in 2 hours to pull cameras. Probably won't make it in a stand tonight but I'll be able to figure out where to hunt tomorrow. I may hang the lone wolf as well.

Hopefully there are some bucks moving through otherwise I may plug a doe.

Sent from my Moto X

5. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    80 degrees here. Not much on the camera. Does, young spikes, and a few small 6, 8, and 9 points. Nothing to write home tomorrow.

Sad to think I haven't killed a deer with my Creed yet. Although it did do damage on some coyotes and a bobcat last year.

I'm thinking I'll do some rattling in the morning, but I may just have to put a doe down and be done with it!

Sent from my Moto X

6. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Waiting for tall and wide.

7. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Big 8 point was just 80 yards away. Caught my scent and ran. Very calm morning for wind. Feeding not alert and just took off. He was grunting also.

8. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Not much going on here. Hit the stand a little late, about 6 am. Really foggy.

[​IMG]

And I can't believe it, but I haven't seen a deer yet. There is zero wind here so it is swirling. I wish we could get a 10 mph gust out of a consistent direction. Probably sit for another 45 or so and head out. Might be back tonight but it'll be hot so I may wait until morning.

Wish a nanny doe or even a fawn would pass through.

Sent from my Moto X

9. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Also saw the 11 pointer I have videos of. I have a pretty good idea where he is bedding and hoping he returns the same route he took this morning. Going to get windy this afternoon. Might help.

Two biggest deer I've seen hunting in the same day. To say I'm amped up is an understatement. I'll be out early this afternoon.

10. bushnlo

bushnlo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys just giving an update. My season has been slow so far I have hunted 11 days and no shooter Bucks have come in. I have 3 shooters on camera but they are very unpredictable but hopefully with the pre rut starting one of them will slip up. Here is A pic of a new buck on camera he looks heavy and old. image.jpg

11. bushnlo

bushnlo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [video=youtube_share;QYS-Y5wa3Xw]http://youtu.be/QYS-Y5wa3Xw[/video] buck I passed last week.sorry about all the kid noise in the back ground I was recording it off my big camera with my I phone and my kids are just a little bit crazy! Lol

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  12. bushnlo

bushnlo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This year a switched to a different camo and I keeped getting spotted by deer in the tree and a finally found out why! The camo I picked mossy oak tree stand has a lot of blue ish grays in it and I think the deer were seeing me very well because of the blue ish color . I switched back to my old mossy oak leafy ware with lots of brown tones and it's like I am invisible to the deer now! Stay away from blue ish gray color camo stick with the brown ish red tones

13. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like some big bodied deer. Good luck with them. We have some good ones to go after. Things are starting to slowly pick up here. Haven't seen much for chasing. Not even little bucks. Little unusual.

Sat again tonight and saw the big 8. He was in perfect spot for wind, but going the wrong way. I couldn't rattle because of other deer behind me. Tried a grunt, but that didn't work. Be out again early in the morning looking for him. He made a scrape on a mock scrape I made 4 years ago. I hadn't noticed anything there before. Also had a small 8 point come in perfect on his own. Stood broadside straight ahead of me for a minute. He was small though.

Grill is going and I have the last of deer loin getting grilled from last year. Hopefully I'll have fresh loin tomorrow.

14. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Sitting in class looking at the weather. Big front coming through Thursday night and Friday. Highs 50's lows 30's. Think I'm gonna drive back and hunt all Friday long.

Sent from my Moto X

15. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Same here if nothing happens before. Sitting in fresh stand. Big wind in my face. Hopefully they take trail in front of me. 2 little ones so far. Just got into stand.

16. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well up in the stand tonight rattled 3 baby bucks in the morning hopefully the big guys decide to move tonight since the weather is finally cooling down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. IAMIKE

IAMIKE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  18. Woody9220

Woody9220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome read. Hopefully your next encounter is even more exciting

19. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Things are starting to pick up. Had a younger buck. Probably 3 1/2 year old chasing does around really hard tonight. The buck was wide and weird rack. One of tines went straight back of main beam. Behind his head. I guess you could call it his g2.

20. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Going to be in the stand tomorrow afternoon and Friday morning and then I'm off until Nov. 10. The cold front coming tonight should make the next few days really exciting.

Dad ended up taking out our #1 buck on this lease Saturday evening. This is the first year for this lease and by far the biggest buck we have had on camera this year. Should be in the 170-175" area.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014