Death Dealers - TEAM 20 Thread

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by scarps23, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Woody9220

Woody9220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did the blood on the arrow look good? Could be a high lung hit if the blood trail sucks

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

2. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We found blood again. Went into neighbors and he needs to get ahold of neighbor.

Pretty sure we know where she is.

3. Shaun Frazier

Shaun Frazier Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a fun afternoon.

4. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
  5. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

DucksUnlimitedHunter27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 30 deer this morning from 7-12. Hunted two different stands. Switched at 9. Got down at 11:30 to pull a camera I put up on the other end of the property that I may hunt tomorrow. 300 pics. Went ahead and set up my lower two climbing sticks for the morning there. Going back to my buddies cabin to look at them. Not sure if I'm hunting tonight.

Of course as I get back to my jeep the farmer next to me starts rolling out his beans. Wish I would have been in the stand another hour. Hopefully good pics on cam but hard to believe there were 300 in less than 24 hours. More to follow

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

6. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Go shoot one of those 30. Any bucks up on their feet with size? Saw an alright buck last night. Nothing to shoot at. He came out real late.

No deer this morning. Been really windy last night and today. Won't be out again until Sunday evening. Good luck out there.

7. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Decent 6 point. Nothing crazy. Got a good sized buck with a 28-36" inside spread. (At least I think) I'll post pics when I hit the stand. I'm gonna finish lunch and shower and head back out. Can't kill them from the couch

8. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. Looks good to me.

10. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Pics from this am

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tonight:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    See much last night? Looks like a couple of good spots.

12. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    2 does last night. Didn't make it out this AM. Was drained. As a student weekends also come time for me to catch up on sleep. If I was seeing bigger bucks during daylight hours I'd been out there. Next Thursday through Tuesday I'll be in western KS bow hunting Mule deer. Should be a blast camping out. Last year was the first time I did this. We should have better ground to hunt this year.

The 2 weeks after that I'll be hunting again. Hoping for an early rut.

13. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck on the mule deer. I'm pretty sure mule deer count for the contest. Either way....hope you get a good one.

14. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Matthews1995....need to go back in and edit your doe entered. Need to add date and time taken. Thanks.

Contest thread has a mule deer entered so they do count.

15. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Waiting for a big boy.

16. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Good night last night. Had shooter in the edge of the woods at 5:30. Middle left in picture above. He must have bedded down until night. Saw several does with fawns. One mature doe by herself. Small 8 pt buck was chasing the mature doe in field in front of me. Another basket rack came out and started chasing doe. 8 pt walked off right in front of me. The 10 point that I have pictures of came running out of the timber at the basket rack. They sparred some and the basket left. Both walked right in front of me.

Only problem with all this was I couldn't tell it was the 10 point until he was on the ridge and I could really see his rack. It was cloudy last night which doesn't help shooting light. Legally I could have shot him, but it wouldn't have been a good idea with the light and not knowing what I'm shooting. I couldn't believe it was legal shooting light and how dark it was. I usually don't check that, but I did after they passed by and were away from me. It got my adrenaline going seeing some pretty good action. Going to try to figure out a way to get out tonight. I had another video of him in area. It was around midnight though.

17. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 3 bucks tonight. All small. They sparred. 10 deer total. Same spot as last night. Heard some other deer, but never saw them. Full moon out tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    I'm getting excited boys. Only thing that stands between me and some big muleys is an exam on Thursday. Then I'll be packing up and leaving town, headed west! I'll meet up with a farmer Friday morning to have him show us around a few spots. Hopefully find some big draws as well as the areas they like to hang out in the afternoon.

Last year not only did I see the biggest muley I ever had (300 yds on property we didn't have permission to hunt) but we saw some huge whitetails. I'll have to see if I can find the pics. They were hammering the milo last year, so that's my goal for this year. Going to try to get permission on the land that I saw the big bucks on last year.

There were 2 different sections. Saw treestands and blinds on one, so I'm guessing that one will be out of the question.

Regardless of the deer, it'll be a great time camping with buddies. Looking forward to it.

I have scheduling conflicts on Nov 1 and a duck hunt on Nov 8-9 so unfortunately unless I cancel the duck hunt on the second weekend, the first 2 weekends of november are out of the question. I hope that we have some cold weather and an early rut this year. Going to plan on hunting both Oct. 18 and 25th weekends at my place. Let's hope for the cold weather!!!

19. Mathews1995

Mathews1995 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very solid deer! shooter in my book, but I think the inside spread should be 21-22

20. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't had any problems with anyone in our team. Just make sure to have two pictures that include the deer, bow, and yourself. Without any of those 3 your entry won't count. Also make sure to add date and time. They also want it added to the thread within a few days so people can't hold out for a bigger buck in two buck states. 1st buck and 1st doe is what counts.

Any other information can be added your own discretion.

Thanks.

Getting itchy to put something down. I might not be so patient the next time a doe walks my way. Hopefully tonight I'll work some magic to get out of work early enough to do a quick hunt. Still haven't hunted the hay bale blind. My dad might try that tonight.