Dean question?

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by tynimiller, Oct 4, 2013.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How far was that bad boy from? Did you hit rib or bone at all, I was surprised you didn't get a pass through.

Heck of a hunt, heck of a tribute, heck of a wife! I've always said the #1 thing we married guys have that makes us successful in the woods is an understanding wife!

2. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I should rephrase it did exit but didn't pass through which tells me you probably nailed a rib more than likely.

3. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, and yes it hit ribs on both sides. I never ranged him, but I shot him for 20ish, and well I hit him right were I was holding the pin. lol I actually center punched a rib on the opposite side, and the arrow obviously broke off. The break was about 6-7" up from the broadhead, so i'm guessing it was sticking out the other side about that far and he sheared it with his shoulder when he took off. I had some shoulder issues back in 2006, so I don't shoot the poundage I used too, and I'm not getting any younger either! :) I'm shooting about 62 lbs. Good luck this year, I hope you enjoyed the show. As always, good luck shoot str8, and of course, always be safe brother!

4. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Oh yes, and before I forget. My wife rocks! I took her with me in a tree years ago when we were dating. If you would've seen the look on her face when we had deer all around us. It was priceless! She gets it, and understands why I do this. It's not about the kill for me. That's just the bonus you get for all the hard work that you put in. I'm sure you get that as a fellow bowhunter. Sitting in a stand, being one with the woods, is priceless to me. Thanks again!

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Amen brother!

6. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just watched the episode Dean, what a great hunt! I'll admit you got me a little choked up with your dedication of the hunt to your father. Always great to see the passion and emotions that bowhunting stirs in you bud.

7. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to be trying the Killzone Low KE on my next deer I shoot. It has a little bit smaller cutting diameter at 1 3/4", so it should help on penetration. Like I said in a previous post, I had some shoulder issues a few years back, and I'm not shooting the poundage I used too. I'm hoping to run one through a Minnesota brute in a couple of weeks. I'll be sending it express..... via Carbon Express! :)