Danner or Lacrosse?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Matt/TN, Oct 10, 2015.

1. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pair of LaCrosse I believe are Pro Burley. They are side zips which I love.

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    You can find them on eBay from time to time. I picked up 2 sets last year from some random person in Chicago.

Also, I picked up a set of 400 gram Danner Pronghorns last year and hunted with them almost all fall. I'm extremely pleased with them so far. My only complaint is that I probably bought them 1/2 size too big. Seems to me like they run a touch larger than the other Danners I have. I own a pair of Danner Gilas as well and they're definitely tighter than my Pronghorns.

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think Danners get bad wrap. While they aren’t up to snuff compared to some of the European boot makers, they still make a decent boot. They have their uses and for whitetail hunting they are just fine. I like the lightly insulated regular boot route vs rubber boots any day of the week. Unless your sloshing through slop and water your better off with a regular boot. More comfortable, breathes, and warmer.

4. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve owned a few pairs of the higher priced European boots in the past, and the Danner East Ridges I’ve got right now are just as good in my opinion. You just don’t hear much about them but I think they are the unsung hero of the Danner line.

5. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have both brands have not had any issues with either one. I like the Pronghorns for hiking and spot and stalk and turkey hunting.

I use my LaCrosse for early season and then have the 1600 Alpha’s for late season if you leave room for your feet to move I have never had my feet get cold
    Also have Arctic Shield boot covers that can use if really cold

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

6. spanod374

spanod374 Newb

Dislikes Received:

Thank you sir. I'm looking for new boots and the Danner Pronghorns are high on the list. I recently moved so the rubber boots were great when ATV's and UTV's were available but the 1-3 mile hike in doesn't sound appealing. So with that, It'll be either the 400's or the 800's in Danner but that'll hinge on the avaiablibilty of those Hotmocs, you have an extra pair right? lol

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I may give up my wife and/or dog before I give up my HotMocs. :lol:

spanod374 likes this.
  8. Inseason

Inseason Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Happy with my danners uninsulated an a pair 400. Very comfortable elk an deer hunting.
    Cabelas usually has them half off at xmas.

9. joedirt216

joedirt216 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been wearing Danner's for years, 400 grain, they keep my feet pretty warm and comfortable until it gets below zero, but I don't sit in a tree stand either, mostly always on foot walking. I was just convinced to try some Crispi's, I have only owned them for a couple months and so far I really like them, time will tell, this next hunting season.

10. JustinM82

JustinM82 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a leak in my areoheads right where the rubber meets the neoprene of the boot. How do you seal a crack in them or is it a lost cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

11. joedirt216

joedirt216 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Midway USA has the Lacrosse Aerohead 18" on sale right now for $87.95, reg. $159.