D.R.T Broadheads

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by killer chill-r, Feb 18, 2016.

1. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up some of the drt heads just try out this morning when I had a smaller peep put in the Nitrum. I finally got the Nitrum tuned up where the arrows ain't walking left & right as you increase distance. So I decided to try out one of the heads to see how they fly, well inside my shop I only shoot 15yrds but they stacked right with my field points! I will be shooting farther tomorrow to make sure they are good out farther. So I thought I'd try them in my Arena 30. Performed a French tune in it & I didn't had to move anything for the tune. Put the head with 25gr weight to give me the 125gr total & the Arean 30 stack the heads right with my field points! I'm pretty excited about this cause I always wanted to use a 2 blade head but never could get them to fly right. ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1455778256.948868.jpg ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1455778264.888135.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    DirtNap is an awesome company with phenomenal customer service!

We decided we wanted to give the DirtNap DRT's a try this year. We ordered a couple packages and a couple of test heads. His pack of broadheads were perfect and sharp right out if the package. Open my pack of heads and 2 of the 3 are flawless and SHARP. I notice on the 3rd head the Teflon coloring was flecking off, no big deal. Touch the edge, dull. The point wasn't very pointy. I had emailed them about it. Mike replied the next morning and was great to work with. He was more than happy to take care of it!

Mike is a stand up guy that is more than willing to take care of his customers!

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had a pack a while back and wasn't impressed with the findings and the sharpness was lacking. I even made a video review as I'd had people requesting my thoughts on it. They contacted me directly and offered to send a new pack (as the fit wasn't matching my Gold Tips either initially). I never did decide to utilize them over my ST's but the science behind single bevels is firm in my opinion.

4. Talon_Ab77

Talon_Ab77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use DRT broad heads, they are awesome, I love them!

5. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Killed with them this year but the way they whistle drove me crazy. Wont be using them anymore

6. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got awful penetration with their single bevel model and lost a buck because of it.

I'm sure that the broadhead isn't solely to blame but they were one piece to the puzzle for sure.

Flight wise, they tuned and flew well. I didn't notice a whistle but they did hiss louder than my current broadhead choice.

7. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot 3 deer with the same head this year. All great penetration and blood trails. The bleeder blades were pretty banged up after the last one so it became my squirrel head. They were at the Iowa Deer Classic this weekend and I took my head over to em and they replaced it. Amazing people and customer service. If you ever have a problem they are eager to help you find a solution.