D loop?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by slowpoke69, Jun 21, 2012.

1. slowpoke69

slowpoke69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Who doesn't use a D loop? When I first started bowhunting I didn't then the D loop became popular so like many things I jumped on the craze. I feel I use to shoot better without one. So if you don't use one how do you clip your release to the string below a nock or below the arrow?
    I was watching the Sportsman channel and seen a commercial where the guy didn't use one he clipped it bellow his arrow. So it got me thinking.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

2. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I do not use a string loop. I used to, but I found by experimenting that I can clip to the string faster without it. The loop actually has no affect on arrow flight. I use one knock above the arrow and a cushion button threaded onto the string immediately below the arrow. It helps hold the arrow on during a letdown. Actually, I will thread on two at a time and leave one pushed down the string near the bottom cam, then if I ever need it all i have to do is slide it up. I have never worn through a serving by clipping on to the string. I tie a new serving in about once a year and that is with a lot of shooting. I quit using a string loop and I also do not use peep tubing! 2 less things to go wrong! SIMPLIFY brother! There are enough other things that can jack up a hunt!

3. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I do pretty much the exact same as Straight Shooter. I clip my release on just below the cushion and just recently changed to a tubeless peep. That stupid tube kept breaking on me last season, including when I had a nice doe in my sights. Needless to say, I didn't get anything last year.

4. Bill2311

Bill2311 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Before the "D" loop everyone clipped the release under the arrow. However, they are hard on servings that way. The "D" loop also helps align the peep as well. I still have my Fletchunter release. It is a rope loop that is on the release.