Curiosity question

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by LittleChief, Apr 20, 2018.

1. 1Arrow1Kill

1Arrow1Kill Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just because 'some' don't agree with using a release doesn't make it wrong. Like my wife OFTEN reminds me . . . 'It's not right and it's not wrong . . . it's just different. Shoot On - 'Perfect Practice Makes Perfect'

oldnotdead likes this.
  2. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I prefer Mediterranean 3 finger, but to each their own. What works, and is comfortable is what matters.

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I started out with an old recurve ,fingers off the shelf, instinctive. All the compound guys said it was " poke and hope". Until I I took my first 7 point the second year.
    I then went to a compound,no sights,and fingers. Oh boy I was a "menace " in the woods. Well in 30 years I've lost 4 deer. Two using deer search. One I found out a neighbor dragged him off while I waited for deer search to show up, Another I had a different nieghbor drag a beautiful 8 pt off guts and all when I went to get retrieval rights. This was before cell phones. Just last year while we were on a heavy blood trail we heard a shot. The tracker looked at me and said " There goes your deer" lost his track at a group of homes.
    So the point is don't worry what others think. Do what is best for you but works well.
    Now this said, if it bothers the group as a whole, your success in competition seems better. Then cheer them on from the side lines. Shoot but compete against yourself, your best should only really matter to you.