Cuddelink Solar Issue/Question

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Team Haastyle, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am running around 20 cuddelinks and the D battery purchasing has just gotten unreal. I have bought a couple of solar panels, hooked them up with the included yellow cable, and put in full sun. However, the cameras don't seem to be pulling from the lithium battery in the solar panel. Seeing if anyone has insight of what I may be doing wrong. Thank you!

2. Trlblzr3

Trlblzr3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t see where anyone has answered your question. What cameras models are you using the solar with. You mention the yellow cable. It is used to charge an external rechargeable battery such as in the Dual Battery pack. If you are going directly to camera use the green cable.

3. Trlblzr3

Trlblzr3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you are connecting directly to the camera use the brown cable. The yellow cable is for connection to the Dual Power Bank which has two sets of batteries. The yellow cable goes to the yellow bank which would be rechargeable batteries and the second bank are alkaline batteries

cbw likes this.
  4. RiyaAndersen

RiyaAndersen Newb

Dislikes Received:
    First, make sure those solar panels are soaking up as much sun as possible. They need to be perfectly aligned to get the most out of those rays.
    Second, take a peek at those yellow cable connections. Make sure they're snug and secure. Loose connections could be causing the issue.
    Lastly, some devices might need specific settings to tap into the solar panel's power. It's worth digging into your camera settings to see if there's an option for that.
    And hey, if you're all about saving energy, you might want to explore the concept of solar energy Ireland. They've got some pretty interesting sustainable solutions over there.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023