cuddeback customer service

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Pearce92, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i had 2 capture IRs by cuddeback and one has stoped working i figured i would share my experience with yall here for future refferance. even tho i know most of ya are covert guys and gals.

i sent them a email with the form they had me fill out if there was a problem with my cuddeback (what model, what was wrong, etc.) i put in the details it quit taking pictures and it said "blow" on the screen and that i had put fresh batterys in it and it still said blow. now i will wait and see what they have to say its a old camera so i doubt it still has warranty.

2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't dealt with them in a while but if they haven't changed they will tell you to send your camera and $$$ and they will send you a different camera. At the time for me it was $129 plus the camera.

I think I know where they get the "BLOW" from :)

3. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Cudde......once, never again. Tom is right, they will offer to trade your cam and $$ for a new one.

Blessings..........Pastorjim

4. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well these were my very first cameras i got one and thought it was awesome and just bought another one not knowing there was much better cameras out there. but i believe these cams are 4 years old now and wow the cams sure have changed alot from then cause this is when the IR first came out for cuddeback

5. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You are not the only one that bought those cameras in the past because of all the people they paid to say they were the best. Hell I have owned 6 :( I do know I will never buy another though :) seriously though I hope they treat you right.

6. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    marketing is one thing they done right lol and who knows there new cams might be better? doubt it, but one can hope i guess.

im not expecting them to help me out at all tho so when they say tuff tity i wont be to upset and just pitch the camera in the trash and take my fresh batterys out lol the only thing that take D batterys is my big mag light haha

7. elkhuntinut

elkhuntinut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have personally owned 6 Cuddebacks. The latest episode (which was finally resolved Friday) is over. 3 of the 3 remaining cuddes, took pictures every minute. One of the cameras would store the pics internally and no way could they be transferred to the card or computer. When I called they wanted $50/piece for them to look at them and tell me what I needed. Which I stated these were upgraded just last spring !

i should mention I tried everything the support instructions recommended. Only after that did I call their customer service line

needless to say I have replaced my Cuddes with some Reconyx and Covert cameras. Can't imagine that if Cuddeback doesn't change their customer service people will continue to buy them.

8. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Same here and they used the same tactic with me.

9. jake_

jake_ Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    friends dont let friends buy cuddebacks.

Everyone I talked to over the past 4 years who owned a cuddeback sent them in got offered a replacement.

The thing that got me was Cuddeback was selling refurbished cameras on the retail level. Seen a whole shelf full of them at a store. Next to the sign "If you have a problem with the cameras, please contact the manufacture"
    That blew my mind.

Anyways, sorry to get off track. Please keep us updated on your camera and hope it works out for you. Good luck.

10. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well first business day with no email back, so far not scoring any brownie points :sad:

11. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hope they can help ya, if not use em as a paper weight or a doorstop hahaha

12. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a capture ir and a plain capture. Are they really that bad?

13. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my moultrie m-100 and m-80xt take WAY better pictures than my cuddebacks. and they dont eat batterys as fast ether and there as so many differant settings on my moultrie than the cuddes like shot burst and video

14. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    yes.....

15. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Do they take more pics? My get excited if I have 20 pics after the cam has been out 2 weeks.

They do take awesome pics though.

16. J.K.

J.K. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    X2, Sold both I had. I've found that even the WGI cams are more reliable than cuddes :tu:

17. elkhuntinut

elkhuntinut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Better to stop counting and call them. However be ready for the check list of did you do's...then it's a trade in upgrade

18. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    2nd day and no email. i will call them if it comes down to it ill send them another email before i do. this is more of a test of there CS than anything cause i dont really want another one of there cams but would take one maybe if that all i get out of my old cam

19. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Here is the biggest problem with Cudde, and the reason you only get 20 pics during your time period. The Cudde's detection zone is only 86 sq ft. Compare that with say Covert, which is 1200sq. ft. and you see why everyone who has them ends up disappointed in them. That's why they advertise that stupid centered subject technology. It doesn't take a pic unless the subject is directly in front of the camera and very close. The fact is that you don't know what you are missing because the camera never sees the subject. Cudde's detection zone is by far the smallest in the market.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

20. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great point Pastor Jim. That is another reason the die hards love them. When they take a pic it is a good looking pic and it is centered but they don't realize how many pics they missed. If they set up a different brand next to it they would not be so happy.