Cuddeback Cellular camera

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Wisconsin Buckwatch, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have a review of the Cuddeback Cell cam? I have 2 of the cuddelink cameras already thinking of adding the cell cam, but I would like to hear if anyone as a review of the system? Thanks

2. Hoytvectrix

Hoytvectrix Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have two J's, and the Duel Cell Cam. I bought the two as a set and the cell cam was included for free in the offer. I run the three as a cuddelink system that I have to say I am very happy with. I currently have the duel cell be my "home" unit and the two other remotes sending their photos two it continuously. I've been running all them each over some kind of attractant and typically get about 20-25 photos a day. I am running the expansion battery packs (also very highly recommended). Batteries are all still good after about a month of operation.

As a point of reference for the camera's connectivity to a Verizon cell network, my cell phone barely gets any service anywhere on our property. After taking the advice of one of the cuddeback support people, I tried the cell camera anyways . The cell camera gets way better connection to the network than my phone has on its best day. Normally, I consider myself lucky if I can get a single bar in roaming, but the camera has never missed a report time (meaning it has always had sufficient coverage).

As far as camera quality, the cell camera is a little better than my J's. My only complaint about the whole system is that you cannot simultaneously record video and use the cuddelink system. I'm seriously hoping they update this and allow it to be up to the user if they want to do it.

If you have more questions, let me know, otherwise, check out all of the cuddelink threads on habitat talk. It's the best place on the web for anything cuddelink.

3. Hoytvectrix

Hoytvectrix Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Something else I should probably mention. I am not so sure the cell camera is worth it for certain people. We have a house located on the property and can now have a home unit inside the house, so having the cell send photos to your phone is almost redundant. In theory, you will soon just be able to have the home unit hooked up to AC power in your house, and then a home network. This would save you the $10-20 per month in cell plans.

4. Mitalbara

Mitalbara Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

5. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the info, the farm I use the Cudde's on is over an hour a way so I'd want to use the celluar came option. Thanks again.

6. Trlblzr3

Trlblzr3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I purchased a dual cell and 4 J’s last summer and set up on a farm in Ohio nine hours away. I was so impressed I bought two of the Black Friday specials an just recently bought 4 more J’s bring my total to 3 Dual Cell K’s and 12 J’s. I converted them from AA batteries to D’s and also adding additional batteries boosters to each camera. Obviously I don’t want a dead battery nine hours from home.
    I will say I found a site habitat-talk.com and did a lot of reading before making the initial step. There are like close to 250 pages under several topics that cover everything you need to know. I also recently joined Cuddeback users of America Facebook page. A lot of good info, several dealers, sales reps and more.

Wisconsin Buckwatch likes this.
  7. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    Wow great info!