Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Crossbow increases

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by brucelanthier, Nov 7, 2010.

1. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing I have seen the crossbow increase is the amount of incredibly snobbish compound bowhunters claiming it will ruin archery. There are those I expect it from but I am actually surprised at some who exhibit this incredibly snobbish attitude.

I have seen, read about and talked to way more slob compound hunters than slob crossbow hunters. Actually, I have yet to see a crossbow hunter in person.

2. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    they are not such a bad lot, slob hunters are slob hunters no matter what weapon they hold.

3. stuntriders

stuntriders Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    very true.

4. konrad

konrad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sadly, it is all too easy to find idiots, the uninformed or those of low moral standards carrying weapons of any description.

I am sure in medieval times there were those who decried the sloppy use of the boar spear. Heck, when rocks were the primary weapon their were those who refused to practice. The subject always lies in the user and not his or her choice of implement.

The argument that one weapon is less ethical, humane or traditional than another is bogus as well. If one were to carry that line of reasoning to its logical conclusion, we should all be rock chuckers or stampeders just to make it “fair”.