Crossbow fact!

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by BornN2Grave, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Bobcat031

Bobcat031 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I for one am glad they made them legal here in Michigan. I started out years ago with recur eps and then moved to compound bows. Heard the same BS back then how compounds bow hunters were not real hunters...LoL
    But because of a shoulder injury I was forced to put my compound asided. I thought my bowhunting days were done. Then they made the legal here. I love my crossbow it allows me to do what I enjoy yet. Just like any weapon you need to know it limitations.

2. benlwilson

benlwilson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In Utah, you have to get a Dr.'s note to use a cross bow. One can't use a crossbow just because he/she wants to, he/she has to not be albe to pull back a bow set at 40lbs. I like the law. Not that I am against crossbow or crossbow users. Do other states have similar restrictions.

3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same in CA. You have to have a Dr. note. My step mother shot a compound until a few years ago when she had shoulder surgery and now can't draw a compound. She switched to a cross bow and everything is good. Bad hunters, or people in general, make bad situations and decisions. Someone always has to pull a trigger, it's humans that make stupid decisions, not the weapon. Classify individuals, not a group of people based on what they do.

4. FearNot

FearNot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All hunters are good guys in my book

5. debowhunter

debowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    According to Lancaster PA news paper it only took 3 years of them being legal to out kill vertical bow hunters. Last year crossbows accounted for 52% of the archery kill. I found that interesting. Been bow hunting for 25 years myself and won a matrix 330 this year. Got 2 doe in MD so far and am now sitting in a blind behind my house with the Matrix.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk