Crossbow fact!

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by BornN2Grave, Nov 6, 2010.

1. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot a ton of deer with a compound over the years and had to switch to a crossbow this year . The 3 deer I've killed so far this year couldn't tell the difference :lol:

2. Thunderbolt52

Thunderbolt52 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Blab blab......I just love bowhunting....with my bow or xbow.....since 1970...Ive never read so much bs among bowhunters and xbowers....its your choice of weapon...just get out there and have a good and safe hunt.....

3. shoeminator

shoeminator Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I guess the guys that have a problem with xbows will not be rifle hunting, since that would be an unfair advantage? The traditional guys said the same thing back when the compound came on the scene. Just hunt.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

4. Southpaw

Southpaw Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I kind of liked Old Ted Nugents reply concerning crossbows

Ted Nugent Crossbow Tech Tip 2009-02-10 - YouTube

I love my Mathews bows just as much as my Excalibur, I would probably vote for Ted if he ever ran for President.
    I'm not ashamed, Reagen was an actor, Clinton was a sax player why not a guitarist/hunter.

5. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Don't let the original poster's comments get to you, clearly just a pot stiring post as he hasent been back since 2010. we all know there is nothing wrong with X Bow hunting as long as there used within there means just like wheeled bows and trad! shoot what you want and love it :)

6. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Inspiration for tonight...

7. ohiomossyoak

ohiomossyoak Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Blaming the crossbow?..Slobs hunt with all weapons,some drive ford,Chevy, dodges and some might even stir the pot on forums(just sayin)

8. Southpaw

Southpaw Newb

Dislikes Received:

That kind of inspiration will cause me to call into work sick from about 25 feet up in a tree tomorrow morning...
    Love the photo :)

9. chrisb

chrisb Newb

Dislikes Received:
    2014 is gonna witness even more xbow users going to the woods, due to the evolution of technology. Wondering what you're gonna say about that?

Be cool~

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  10. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What's even more funny is the person who started this post hasn't even came back, 2 posts to his/her name. Seems more like a troll trying to stir things up round here...LOL!

11. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not only his/her 2nd post, but 2nd post since 2010! That's food for thought. :busted:

12. olddognewbie

olddognewbie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't usually visit your section. I am a compound hunter because xbows are not legal for me, I love to shoot my compound, and I don't have time to practice with both...so I don't use, or own a xbow. However...xbows DO put alot more hunters in the woods who are otherwise physically challenged or (a few) lazy. For the most part that is a good thng. (The lazy ones are the ones we all can do without). Increase in slob hunters?...with an increase in any population it is only logical that the population will undoubtedly increase by all percentages, so theorectically the original poster was right...but I think it is disengenous or utterly ignorant to think the xbow is to blame, or that xbow hunters are less ethical than any other group of hunters.
    So from a compound only guy, go for it guys, and I apologize for my comrade and his ignorance of what hunting really is.

13. woodsy211

woodsy211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its just like rifle season, the fly by nighters hunt the first handful of days, and the dedicated guys keep hunting throughout the season. For the most part, its the same with crossbows. The lazy guys that pick up a crossbow because they think its gonna be easy, will quickly get discouraged.

14. 557ron

557ron Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone tried the HHA scope dialer on the Excalibur Axiom? Also I use Rage broad heads. I wonder if I will be able to reach out to 60 or 70 yards. My bow shots bolts at 305 FPS.

15. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Someone find Daryl and have him put this zombie thread down with his crossbow please.

16. thirdhandman

thirdhandman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Few people like anti's. Just because you don't like hunting doesn't give you the right to keep me from hunting. Sound familiar?
    Just because the OP doesn't like crossbows does not give him the right to be and ANTI.
    This argument is about as stupid as telling a guy using a cane pole he is cheating at fishing because they use a fly rod.

17. Ladydeerkiller

Ladydeerkiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys, I'm female, 60 and retired from nursing in June 2013, started hunting (first time ever) in Oct 2013. I use a crossbow, a compound and am learning to use a recurve. I currently am shooting in 3-D archery tourn with the compound and crossbow. Both take a lot of practice at least 3-4 days a week. I have a new respect for my Xbow. I hunt using a tripod, but in the tourn it is not allowed. You have to walk and shoot without thy aid of anything except your off-arm resting against your side. That thing gets so heavy. But it's hopefully making me a better hunter. I will continue to use both depending on what I hunt and where. I say go for it. I'm definitely "not weak" or "lazy". By the way, I killed 4 deer with my Xbow. Including a 12 pt

18. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Digging up the dead on this one...

Necroposting....

19. jody5252

jody5252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What the ??? I am from PA :deer: There are slob hunters everywhere! every season! More of them every year!! Have you been hunting very long bornN2grave?? or are you just looking to bash x-bow users?? Sorry to say this sir. But, you need to open your eyes and take a longer look instead of being so quick to judge!

20. jody5252

jody5252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice pic... Gives me goose bumps, lol...:lol::deer: