Crossbow fact!

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by BornN2Grave, Nov 6, 2010.

1. BornN2Grave

BornN2Grave Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Crossbows put hell of ALOT more slob hunters into the woods during ARCHERY season here in PA.

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, 2nd post and you're stirring the pot...

:jerry:

3. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What statistics is this "fact" based on?

I would bet there are a whole lot more slob compound shooters than there are slob crossbow shooters. From what I have read, heard and seen, most compound bow shooters are clueless when it comes to setting up there bow and arrows, take shots they"hope" will be good ones, at distances they haven't really practiced for but, hey, the compound shoots a light arrow fast and should be good for 60 yds. Throw an expandable on there an even a bad shot is good, right? ;)

4. NYArcher

NYArcher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Do you know what the problem with a crossbow is? People.

I don't think any hunter/sportsman/what ever you call yourself, would have a problem with a crossbow if we knew people were responsible enough to use it correctly. I mean, there's how many law-abiding gun owners in this country? We never hear anything about them, we only hear about the dumba$$ thug using one illegally.
    Would anyone truly have a problem with a crossbow (or any weapon for that matter) in the woods during any season if they knew the person and knew they felt the same way about conservation and the environment? We all know people that we'd never go hunting with because they're careless or reckless.
    I say the problem with a crossbow is that "People Suck".

I hope I conveyed what I was trying to but I'm sure I just set myself up to be slammed..........be gentle.

5. the mechanic

the mechanic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    if you want to get technical and try to say that regular bows are more traditional than crossbows, you may want to check your facts. the crossbow was invented long before the longbow. i dont for one second believe that a weapon has anything to do with a persons ethics. just this last season i took a "questionable" rifle into the woods with me, it was a .450 Bushmaster, i got razzed about it. "oh, why do you need that machine gun?", stuff like that. i had the exact same ethics as if i had a muzzle loader.

and NYarcher, i completly agree with you. 100%

6. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

By percentage.....maybe, not by total number of hunters. Not in the two years they have been legal.

7. hdracer

hdracer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just a hit-and-run post. I wonder how many "alot" is? I've seen only one here in OH.

8. Pacoson

Pacoson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Geez, I guess when I post my new pre charged pneumatic rifle, I'll get stoned to death! lol

PCP shoots a 15" 325gr arrow 450FPS using 3k psi.

Touchy People.

9. hdracer

hdracer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Not so touchy. But this is the Crossbow section for users and those interested in them to discuss crossbows. Unfortunately, others use it to show their ignorance and biases. It would be like me going into the compound section saying that only recurve/long bows are real bows and that compounds should be banned from archery season. Kinda ridiculous and I'd be flamed from every direction. If you don't like crossbows that's fine. Just keep the bs ignorant comments out of it.

10. DeeAnne

DeeAnne Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just Bad Hunters

Regardless of the weapon, there will always be bad hunters - those that do not practice their craft enough to be in the woods. I have seen the animals who have suffered at the hands of bad hunters - and they didn't use a crossbow! They used regular bows. It has nothing to do with the weapon and everything to do with the owner of the weapon.
    Are you jealous perhaps that you cannot use a crossbow?

11. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ignore this guy...trolls are everywhere....

12. bowhuntjoe

bowhuntjoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Took a "Bushmaster .450 hunting" ....NICE :). I agree however, it's the ethics that make the difference not the weapon.

13. Imogen123

Imogen123 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I do not think any hunter / athlete / whatever you call spring would be a problem if we knew people were responsible enough to use it properly. I mean, how many law-abiding gun owners in this country? We never heard anything about them, we just listen to one U.S. dollar thug Dumba $ illegally.

It would really have a problem with a crossbow (or any other weapon for that matter) in the forest throughout the season if he knew the person and knew they were different views on conservation and the environment? We all know people we'd never go hunting with them because they are negligent or reckless.

I say that the problem with a crossbow is that "People Suck".

14. blugrass

blugrass Newb

Dislikes Received:
    slobs

Wow!! I just bought my crossbow. Arthritis dictated the decision. Am I now a slob? The owners manual does'nt address that.

15. savatreatabvr

savatreatabvr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, harsh words from a fellow bow hunter! As far as I'm concerned I don't care if you're using a bow & arrow, a crossbow, a rifle, a blow gun, a freaking stick or your bare hands, I'll never criticize a fellow hunter for what he chooses to hunt with! It's all about common rotary bro, we all share the same goal!

16. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your always gonna have this sh!t on forums , mabe the ones using one should just bust him up that he cant bow hunt for the rest of his life with nothing other than a crossbow and a wheelchair , i have no sympathy on azzholes

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  17. Killkenny

Killkenny Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A slob is a slob regardless of weapon choice. The majority of those who choose to use a crossbow because their states new rules that allow them were vertical bowhunters to start with. Very few non hunters are going to go out and buy a new crossbow and start flinging arrows at deer. Crossbows do get new hunters involve in the sport. Kids mostly who are unable to draw a legal weight vertical bow and when that is the case, hopefully Dad knows what he's doing and instills good hunting ethic in their children.
    This is the first year that Indiana included the crossbow as legal during the archery season. I bought A crossbow and used it quite a bit in the early season. I never felt like a slob when using it, or less a man.

18. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Solid post.

19. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agree 100%.

20. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Is there anything wrong with using the fastest, most accurate and farthest shooting arrow device availible to get a clean and legal kill?

I think not.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2