***Cross Country Slayers - Team 15***

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Wesley Lofton, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well Fellas, it's been a great season and I've enjoyed following each of y'all's harvests over the past few months. As of tonight I'm officially making soup out of my Kansas buck tag. I'm sorry I couldn't contribute anything more than a doe to the scoreboard. I'd like to wish everyone safe and happy hunting in your upcoming pursuits!

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's been a great year for most of us. I had a good year so far and still have a few hunts left.

3. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like I also will be eating my buck tags. Still have a little time left, but am having back problems again so just have not felt good enough to go out. Went for a couple hours last night mainly just to check cameras, sat in the blind for the last 2 hours and didnt see anything. Not a whole lot showing up on cams either. Just was not a great season for me, glad I got a doe, but this is my first year going buckless with a bow.... Good luck to anyone else that is still putting time in.

4. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the on the doe, John !!

Congrats on the coyote, Richie !!

I am still at it. I have until Sunday then our bow season is over. Going to be cold in the morning but I finally got the wind I need to get into a spot. Hopefully the two bucks are still floating around in that area. They both are mature but aren't real big rackwise but will due this late in season. Hoping for a surprise that there is a big boy hanging in there. Very good spot.

Tim

5. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks and good luck. Season ends sat for me too!

6. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well tomorrow is the last day of the season for me. Going to be in the teens for temps and sunny so hoping to see some good movement. Going in for a morning and afternoon hunt. Good luck to those hitting the woods tomorrow.

7. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Richie !!

It is looking like I am done. Still two days left but they are talking very nasty weather. This weather has just unbelievable for the last 3 weeks. I've pushed it as much as I am going to. Yesterday hunting when it was - 9 below and a wind to today when it hit 32 above and rained on me the whole time. I was a walking ice sheet by the time I made it back to the truck when the wind picked up and cooled off.

By tomorrow morning they are talking 17 below and it doesn't warm up during the day with winds 0f 20-35 mph. Sunday the high is suppose to be 25 below. It sucks !!!

Tim

8. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well didnt see a thing today which was my last day of hunting. Was a nice day too. O well. I had a great year. Looking forward to next year already. Got to got make some feeders and get my mineral licks ready.

9. realtree08

realtree08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys. I'm sorry I didn't add to the points. I'm disappointed in myself. It was just an off year. On a good note I passed on nine different bucks this year. Hopefully they all stick around. Good luck if anyone is still hunting.