Crocodile hunting in Australia

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by elklover, Jun 22, 2012.

1. elklover

elklover Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Australia is considering a plan to allow the trophy hunting of saltwater crocodiles, officials said on Thursday, with the controversial idea being thrown open for public comment.

The federal government rejected a similar proposal several years ago on the grounds that it was not appropriate, but has agreed to revisit the issue as crocodile numbers soar.

2. Shoobee

Shoobee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just remember that on the short list of top predators, the salt water croc is on the top of his own list.

Not man.

3. The Amatuer

The Amatuer Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Outside of personal opinions I believe it's a good ideal and a great way to increase the hunting tourism in Australia.

Australia's large Saltwater crocodile can quite easily kill a human being. In Australia, one to three fatal attacks are reported on average per year. One of which are usually tourists drawn to Australia's water.

When people think you're not doing something about your increasing problems people will not visit your cities.

4. Camper1

Camper1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Current (6/10/12) Melbourne Australia, soon to be
    I wasnt aware that the government may be revisiting it, but i was aware that it was rejected a number of years ago.

It would be great for the local economy for a start.

The numbers of crocs in that area is significantly growing these days and they need to be controlled.

The meat is edible and it will sell, ive had it and its great.

Size wise they can grow a lot bigger than allegators and it would be thrilling to successfully bowhunt and harvest them as an Aussie let alone be a foreigner who takes a trip over here to take one.

I sincerely hope it goes ahead