***Crimson Vanes - Team 12***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by xtreme16, Aug 25, 2012.

1. NCRemington700

NCRemington700 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Carolina... Fulton Co, IL in November
    Holy crap! I don't see how you can sit in that cold weather.

2. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Finished out my sit and at 4:45 last light, the parade started as 7 does came out in single file. Got set up as they were heading my way,up they came and the lead doe was eye to eye with me,I was down wind of her and she decided to turn leaving me no shot.The other 5 walked the same route also and I sat back down trying to figure out where the 7 th doe was and then I look up and all I see is a white flag, she waited a bit before following the rest up. Thought for sure a buck would be on their trail, no luck though. On my walk out the wind was blowing straight into my face and I almost got freezer burned,man that hurt, supposed to be the same tomorrow. It was only 600 yards to my truck but the wind made the snow hard and crusty making walking difficult. I was hunting in the moiddle of the bush so I didn't get the brunt of the wind in there. Gosh darn man that heater body suit is awesome. Only wore my rubber Mucks and never got cold, worth every cent in my mind. I'll report from my stand again tomorrow, be safe. God Bless
    [​IMG]
    Rocky

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  3. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck rocky! Hope you get one!

4. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
  5. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Shoulder Popped Again
    Well my season ended Sunday
    Sorry folks been a few years since I ate tag soup, but as it is, I tried in vein again on Sunday at 2:30 to draw on a 160ish 6x7. He stood their and didn't know I was their and then walked off after I failed to pull my bow back once again. Went to physio today and the doc their said it was a torn Rotator Cuff IE:subscapularis. He said 6 weeks with little to no lifting to rest it if I want to use it again. He said what I did when I was pulling my bow every day since the 1st time on November 12 was a bad mistake. I'm lucky I didn't tear the muscle from the bone. Well team good luck, your still with in striking distance of the top spot. Brutal year for me, looks like I'm going to buy a buffalo to last till next year. More dollars, better than eating beef. I went down trying at least. Last day of the year is Thursday up here.
    Rocky :mad:

6. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
  7. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    Man im sorry to hear that! My dad had and still has a torn rotator cuff.... He had some type of shot and he could pull back his bow no problem! he needs surgery still but the shot made him get through the season. All he needed to do is be able to pull it back once which he did. Sorry to hear about it again! Get better soon Rocky!

8. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    xtreme16
    Thanks Ex, it'll be a long winter and hopefully I can strengthen my shoulder before summer comes and get back to shooting. Got some blinds to build for next year. I'm thinking this could have been my best season ever even though I didn't get a deer, I saw my top 5 deer and even got to add a few this year to the list. Now I need for them to make it through another year so maybe,just maybe I can loose an arrow at one.
    Rocky

9. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Going out this weekend as a camera man for my uncle. Taking him to one of my sweet spots for late season. This Saturday opens the 2 day gun season in Ohio. He shot his first buck last year, small 8 pt. This year he has been holding out for a mature buck. We'll see what happens. I'll post a video if we have any luck

10. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't been out in about a week and a half. I went with a buddy to Arkansas to duck hunt. We had an absolute blast. Didn't kill a ton of birds. We killed shovelers, ring necks, mallards, green wing teal, and I killed 2 Gadwalls...my first Gadwalls ever. One of them is at the taxi as we speak...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    Very cool rem! Congrats! Sorry guys I haven't been on lately.... Unfortunately my hunt to get a nice buck has ended. the leased property that we have been hunting has been sold and we had to pull all of the stands out today... my chances of getting a buck are 0! I am so bummed right now! What really sucks is that we had a lease until the first of September! Just really disappointed about this whole ordeal. And im really mad because I cant contribute to the team anymore with a buck.... Maybe ill get lucky but its not looking to good right now. I still have 2 doe tags that I can fill and I plan on doing so ASAP! Well that's all for me for now BHOD everyone!

12. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Extreme16
    Sorry to hear about the lease problem,will you at least get a return of some money from not full filling your lease time rental. I still have a hard time understanding how that happens in the US. Man if I had to pay to hunt a land my wife would say start buying meat at the grocery store ! LOL. Good luck on tagging a buck .
    Rocky

13. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    he told us in the beginning (before hunting season) that if it were to sell we would get a full refund.. We probably wont see any money tho.

14. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
    Thats tough luck for sure!

I didn't get any hunting in this weekend cause I've been feeling pretty rough. Hopefully some mornings this week I'll be able to get back out there and get another one or two on the ground before the season ends Jan 1.

15. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    Hows everybody doing? To who ever is still hunting good luck and be safe! And have a great X-mas!

16. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Right back at yah Chase.
    Rocky

17. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly haven't deer hunted at all lately. I've been chasing ducks and I've been sick. I plan on sitting in the woods some more this week.

18. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Still nothing really to report here. I'll be out on Christmas Eve to sit for a bit. I'm hoping firearm season didn't hurt things to bad.

19. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas Team

20. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
    I was planning on hunting this morning but that big storm system came through and we got hammered with thunderstorms and wind. I plan on taking my cousin out on Friday. I'll be filming him. This will probably be the last time I get to hunt with him before he deploys in the Spring.