***Crimson Vanes - Team 12***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by xtreme16, Aug 25, 2012.

1. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dave
    With your doe that now moves us into second, about 140 out of 1st, let's go team12.Oh yeah congrats on the doe Dave!!!
    Rocky

2. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great job team!! We're really on a roll! Congrats fellas

3. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ya buddy! Keep it up guys! I had a shot at 2 small bucks but I wished they were does. had them at 5 yards and they came in with the tinks 69 sent and a estrus call! First deer I called in on film! This weekend will be the weekend for a deer to go down! The deer from the other properties will come on over to ours when the orange army starts to shoot... Time to get it done! be safe and wear orange!

4. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe NCrem!

I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving. I'll be sitting in the tree for most of the morning.

5. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    bowhunting.com doe pic.jpg bowhunting.com doe pic 2.jpg Shot a doe on thanksgiving night! 3:30 at 10 yards all on film perfect! Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! Bowhunt or Die

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  6. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Extreme16
    Congrats on the doe and on filming it, right on! I might have good news for myself ,I've been trying every day to draw my bow back. The pain is just a token of my bass *** attitude in never say never. Well after trying my main bow and not being abel to do it, I tried the ole back up, she came back 4 succesful times in a row. Wow is all I could say and when the wife walked in the door she got the blunt of bad news as she would say! I'm hunting this weekend and for 5 days next wekend! So I guess the Christmas decorations will have to wait. I'm still treating this as I can't draw it back because doing it in the warmth of the indoors is a totaly different environment than being out in -25 and trying it! Wish me luck guys, I'll give it my best to nock one down. It's the weekend of December 1,2,3 & 4th that has me tickeled pink. I always have my best luck then with the bigger bucks

7. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe Capt!

Thats great news Rocky! Glad you can get back out there! Good luck.

I hunted yesterday and the only buck I had was a small 6 right at sunset. I took another doe yesterday as well since the farmer wants them thinned out and more freezer meat never hurts.

8. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    OHbowhunter
    Congrats on the 2nd doe for you ,maybe you should send one my way,LOL. How long is your season there? How many bucks can you shoot and doe's? Some state's you can shoot a doe every second day and the same for bucks, blows my mind that there's that many deer in those states.
    Rocky

9. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks.
    Our season ends Feb 3rd here. In the zone I hunt I can shoot 1 doe and 1 buck then up until November 25 we can use 2 additional anterless deer permits. After the 25th they are invalid and we can only use the either sex permits. So 4 deer total.

In Kentucky where I hunt its 1 buck and unlimited doe.

10. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Hey
    Just got in,what a great morning, quiet sit but inspiring. Had a soft snow coming down and at 9:30 I rattled and I heard that dreadful sound of steps coming in behind me. I turned so slowley and at 15 yards was a young 5x5 about a 120 maybe! So glad it wasn't a good one. Then I just sat back and enjoyed my time on stand till 11:30 and rattled once more and in came a little 2x2. Deer wee up moviing as I heard them on the other property which is a stones throw away. Just found out were having a Bday supper tomorrow for my Son. So I'll be just out for the morning again. Was looking forward to an all day sit. Won't be out till next weekend after tomorrow. Good luck team! Here's the 2x2 [​IMG]
    Rocky

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  11. NCRemington700

NCRemington700 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Carolina... Fulton Co, IL in November
    Not much to report here. Sorry I haven't been as active lately. I'll be back in the woods almost every day this week. I found a nice spot where multiple trails come together and there are a bunch of big rubs. Hopefully something will work out. I put a camera out last week so we'll see in a couple days if anything good is using the area.

12. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck rem! Be safe everyone! Remember to post 2 pics and all of your required info on your harvests!

13. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
    Went and checked the camera that I put out last week. Not much of anything on it but I know there are deer using the area. There are too many trails and rubs for them not to be. Its a thick area between a cutover and a newly planted winter wheat field. I'll post some pics of the rubs when I get down after tomorrow morning's hunt.

14. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
    Buck on the ground in South Carolina! I'll post some pics shortly.

15. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    SWEET! Congrats! Cant wait to see the pics!

16. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    i was out tonight nothing but wind, snow, and cold lol Im going to try again tomorrow

17. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats NCRem!

Its gun season here but I'm still going to try to sneak out there with the bow this weekend.

18. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
    He's not my biggest buck but I'm super proud of him. I scouted this spot out a couple days ago and hung my stand. Normally I have a camerman with me but I was just planning on using this spot as a feeler as to where exactly I wanted to hang stands. Well on my second sit in the stand this guy showed up. I'll type up a thread about it tomorrow cause I'm exhausted right now. I shot him at 10:00 this morning, on film, SELF filming. It was unbelievable.

I won't be able to get a score for a couple weeks cause I'm getting a euro mount done of him...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    NCRemington700
    Awesome Rem, good looking buck, I like how dark his hair is , be a good buck for tying flys from. Congrats, I finally will finish out my season in the next 5 days. Brutally cold here right now, -22 with windchill,should be pushing -30 for the next 2 days then warming up for Monday & Tuesday to a high of -5 for both days. Will be sitting in only 3 stands for all 5 days. Hopefully when the time comes I can draw. Been getting my spare bow back 6 times a night and then last night I tried my main bow and still couldn't do it. Will be using my Heater Blanket suit. Hopefully this will keep my shoulder warm enough so that I can pull my bow at the time of need. Good luck to the rest of our team mates that are still hunting.
    Rocky

20. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Wow just had good 140 5x5 come in from behind me. Could n't get a shot freez ing cold out-20 with windchill it's closer to-30.
    Rocky