***Crimson Vanes - Team 12***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by xtreme16, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Chall08

Chall08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I sat on the edge of a 3 acre bean field this evening for about 4 1/2 hours and didn't see anything but a baby chipmunk playing under the stand. The deer around here are too occupied with acorns to be eating anything else right now.

2. NCRemington700

NCRemington700 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Carolina... Fulton Co, IL in November
    Well it has been a couple of days of "almost" for me. Saw 13 does the other evening. 10 of them came out an hour before dark but they were well out of range. Of course the 3 that did come out in range came out right at last light. My hunting partner was cheating big time on camera light so I tried to hurry up and got picked off. Grrr

Yesterday morning I filmed my buddy knocking down a good SC 8 pointer. He was the second shooter we saw yesterday morning. We went back to the same spot this morning and saw 9 does and one buck (being chased by a dog). The bucks here are cruising big time. The buck he shot had almost black tarsal glands and he smelled something awful! Back at it tomorrow.

3. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got Out Tonight
    Had the right wind finally to hunt DDTx4,didn't show again but I had a mature doe walk bye with plenty of light left but out of range at 6:45,at 7: I buck grunt twice and I hear a twig snap behind me where the doe went. She was at 9 yards and was wonderig where the bucks were. Of course my bow is hanging and then she finaly left at dark .We got a few centameters of snow that stayed on the ground overnight and all day. The high today was 0 and cool till tomorrow afternoon then it warms right back up to 17C. Hoping to get back out tomorrow night, I need to check the only property I haven't sat in yet and my SD cards too. Good luck this weekend guys,lay some skin on the ground. I'm hoping to get another sit in for DDTx2 this weekend.
    Rocky

4. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck this weekend!

I'm heading back down to KY right after work for the weekend to see if I can kick anything up.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  5. NCRemington700

NCRemington700 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Carolina... Fulton Co, IL in November
    Good luck this weekend!

6. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Going out Tonight

Will try for a moose again and get my sd card. I haven't checked it since AUGUST. Hopefully I cand fill a doe tag. I''ll be after Full Curl and High Tower tomorrow. My #1 & #2 bucks, wish me luck and the same goes for the team.Be safe & God Bless
    Rocky

7. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    On Sand
    Well it's 9:33 and the sun is poking over top of the trees. Foggy and cool.It's -3 right now just rattled a 120 4x4 in , Staying till noon .
    Rocky

8. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Back
    That's all I saw, I made 3 scrapes too on my way out. Scrapes are starting to show up too, saw a few rubs also.WOn't get back out till tomorrow night,come on Team, someone lay one on the ground. Just checked my SD card and the dang does are coming through at 12 noon . Figures!!!! Good luck guys that are hunting today! I saw that we dropped from 3rd to 8th today.
    Rocky

9. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sitting in the stand with my son tonight hoping to get something on the ground. Good luck!

10. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    OHbowhunter
    Nothing like spending quality time with a loved one, sure wish my kids would have taken to the woods and hunting. Maybe my Grandson in 8 years. Heck I might not even be around in 8 years LMAO. Get a bigun bud, make your son remember the bigun!! Good luck
    Rocky

11. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350183666.600033.jpg Well we saw 5 deer total. 2 bucks, 2 doe and a fast glimps of one we are uncertain of. No shots but it was a fun night.

12. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted last night in the rain all day. Ended up seeing the biggest buck ever on hoof in the stand.(8 pt and tall around 120) He came out of know where at 100 yards. Then came 75 yards towards me and turned down into the swamp. I plan on putting my climber in over there and see if I can't get some good footage of him. I know there are bigger deer on the property so he is a pass for a year or two. That's all from me for now. If the rain stops I'll be out tonight on a Doe mission. Its also very cool hearing about all of the youth getting out hunting! Also keep it up guys! We need to bloody up some more vanes!

13. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Well 1st Sit Here
    Just got on stand and my buddies son got winded already .Man is the trail coming in here worn down Got a good feeling tonight Will let you know how it turnes out .
    Rocky

14. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I didn't get a deer this weekend but I wasn't really the one hunting. It was youth weekend in KY this weekend so I took my son (as mentioned earlier) out for his first time hunting being able to shoot a deer.

Saturday morning we didn't hunt but rather set up a 2 man ladder stand in an area we have been wanting to check out. First deer spotted was a buck. Not a shooter for me but for him it was a defenate shooter. However he never came in close enough. Next up later were 2 doe working just barely out of range for about 30 minutes. I could tell he really wanted them to come closer. Then he looked at me and asked "why am I shaking? I'm not even cold?"
    That's when I knew he had it! We have a hunter here boys!

Another small buck went by 80 yards off near dark with no shot but it was an awesome evening.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  15. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Last Night
    Took my friends son out because he hasn't seen deer yet this year. I guided him to his stand and as I was walking in could hear a deer snorting at him as he walked past. I got seated by 4:50, I WAS TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY by how heavy a trail was.Coming by my stand. Very quiet night for me.Now for him, he saw 9 does, buck, 1 bull moose and a cow moose. Answer this, did I sit in the wrong stand? L MAO

Rocky

16. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Oh Yeah
    I won, t be back out till next week. Bye then we''ll have snow on the ground.Good luck teammates this weekend. Supposed to drop to -10.
    Rocky

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  17. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, haven't had any luck so far. Thought I would update some cam pics.
    I've had pics of this guy since 2009.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had pics if him last year
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the buck I passed last weekend. Had him at 5yds but just wasn't sure about him. Real narrow and I think he is only a 3yr old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The property that has #1 & #2 I haven't hunted yet this year. It's kinda my honey hole and I don't go in until end of October. Hoping the big boys start moving more during daylight soon. This weekend should be good with some cooler weather moving back in. Deer are really hitting the oaks and hickorys right now.
    Goodluck fellas!

18. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Could have taken a big doe tonight but couldnt bring myself to it when the nub buck came prancing in behind her. Got some awsome footage and my dad (Ttraveler) put the smack down on a nice doe tonight also! Awsome day today and great seeing my dad take down a deer. thats it for now ill be out this week hopefully to see a single doe.

19. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellas, thought I would share a pic of my Dad's first bow buck. He started hunting with a compound last year after years of hunting with a x-bow. He took is 1st deer last fall, a heafty doe and this year he finally stuck an awesome buck.

He sent me a text last night at 6:50 that said "Shlocked him" (He's a Tim Wells fan LOL"). I called him and told him to grab his arrow, which was a pass through and I'll meet him back at his house in about 45 mins. When I got there the first thing I did was check the arrow. The arrow showed good blood but had some gut around the fletchings. I told him the best thing to do was to give the deer till morning and then wel'll start tracking.

This morning we arrived at the POI around 7:15. After following a heavy blood trail we found a bed about 100 yds away, 30 yds further was his buck. The buck ended up being quartered to him a little and Dad hit the buck right behind the shoulder and the exit was back infront of the opposite rear leg. The rage 3 blade caught the back of 1 lung center punched the liver and exited out the middle of the gut. The buck was probably dead within a couple hrs but I'm glad we waited until morning.

Mainframe 10 with 3 kickers off the bases
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow hell of a buck! Congrats to him!