***Crimson Vanes - Team 12***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by xtreme16, Aug 25, 2012.

1. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Chris

.GOOD LUCK HOPEFULLY THE COOLER TEMPZ WILL Get them up . I can't get back out till the weekend. Anyone know if they have updated the scorecard? We must be up there near the top now.
    Rocky

2. Nick Kowalik

Nick Kowalik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    way to go !!! nice buck. I will be travailing to Black Earth WI on the 12th. this place is crawling with big bucks!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A couple hammers there man! Best of luck getting on those great bucks.

We are in third place guys, not to far out of second, but team Monster Raxx is putting a serious early season *** thumping on everyone.

Good luck guys!

4. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Nick
    Good luck putting a tag on the one in the second picture. Good luck everyone this weekend
    Rocky

5. NCRemington700

NCRemington700 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Carolina... Fulton Co, IL in November
    The cooler weather won't be here until the first of next week....still in the 80s here!

I can't wait to get to the Midwest but I'm struggling to find a spot to hunt in IL since our other spots fell apart.

6. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No longer in third since Rob entered his doe, back to fourth. We are in good shape so far for the contest.

7. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Buckeye
    Close to the top is cool, top is better. I got out last night with the right wind and all and am still hoping to tag out on my moose tag. Got in stand by 5:40 and right away all the mud in front was marked up from moose hoofs. Great sight to notice and I made a few calls but no response. I called every 15 minutes till 6:45 and then started tickling the antlers for deer. Very quiet last 4 sit's, haven't seen a thang. That's bow hunting at it's best, LMAO, back out tonight guys. Wear those safety belts team and be safe. God Bless.
    Rocky

8. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Well My Sit Tonight was Awesome
    Sat the opposite end of the 1/4 section DDT was on for me on my 1st sit 2 weeks ago. Got him on this camera too and got into the stand at 5pm, started my tickling sequence at 5:30 and in came a yote till he saw my movement for the bow. Got to love it when the leaves are crunchy at every footstep. Tried again at 6 and nothing. At 6:30 I did it again and this time I heard the twang of the fence clinging as a hoof clears the top barbed wire. I stood and grabbed my bow and got ready, out came a respectable 4x4 about 130 class or less came to about 18 yards and looked both ways as if to cross a highway,LMAO and walked across the swamp to the bush. Right away I hear a couple more clings and in come DDT and the 170 buck, but they turned just before they hit the opening and ran across the opening to the other buck.That's twice I've had him in the day light. Will my luck run out? Other than that I still haven't got a doe to present herself for an arrow. Most of the years it's always doe before buck. Crazy year this year, oh yeah the dairy farmer where I hunt told me he knocked down a tree one of my stands was in. Bent the seat pole and the back grip a bit. He said he'd heat it up and straighten it for me,what a great guy, he's 79 years old and wear's a red Baron pilot hat to boot , lMAO. Back out Monday
    Rocky

9. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to head into the woods possibly tonight on a doe mission! if not ill definatly be out this week! Ill post standings tomorrow night. Keep it up everyone!

10. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Passed up a high 120's low 130's 9 pt last night a 4 yards. He needed another year. He has good potential. Hunted an oak flat this morning and seen 4 small bucks and 8 does. Shot one of the does when she gave me a 13yd shot. Finally got my first kill on video! It's tough self filming hunts. I'll see if I can upload the video today or tomorrom.

This big old girl didn't have any milk so I figure she didn't have any fawns this spring. From now on I'll be focusing pretty much on tagging a buck. Some of the bigger ones should be moving more with these cooler temps. I set some cameras up on mock scrapes today. Looking forward to checking cams in a week.
    [​IMG]

11. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Chris
    Congrats on the huge doe, I haven't even seen a doe yet, lots on TC but not while on stand. Normally it's the other way around. Be neat to see how your doe kill came out on video.
    Rocky

12. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe!

13. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    nice job on the doe!

first place=
    Team 27- 474 1/8 points
    Monster Raxx-50
    peakrut - 157 3/4
    iHunt - 166 3/8
    wibowhntr - 50
    rknierim - 50

2nd Place=
    Team 35- 259 1/8 points
    Saskassasin - 152 7/8
    OutbackRyno - 106 1/4

3rd Place=
    Team 12- 243 3/4 points
    OHbowhunter- 50
    buckeyehntr5 - 50
    buckeye - 143 3/4:tu:

14. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    http://[​IMG]http://[​IMG]
    Last Night Sit
    Well just before I go I check the wind and it changed,so I changed locations,decided to go to where my #1 & #2 bucks are,perfect wind out of the north @20. I settle in bye 5 and it was quiet till just about dark at 7. Then I hear the unmistakeable sound of a deer jumping the fence,the clink of the hoofs touching the barbed wire. I stand and grab my bow and right away I see antler crossing the path,then nothing.
    Almost dark but can still make out my 20 yard pin.Then I hear him not 30 yards away wreaking havoc on some bush. It's High Tower,I've be chasing him for 7 years but haven't seen him for a year since last spring. He's still over 200 inches. He stops and starts towards my opening and I draw,out comes 90% of his antlers and he stops till I can't see my pins and I'm stuck there for 45 minutes till I can get down.What a night.
    In the picture of DDT w/2 you can see the tree to his left,thats 18 yards,just in front of him is another row of trees at 21 yards.He just skirted inside of those trees not giving me a shot. Anyways is it not in the books for me to shoot a good buck this year????? I've had my #2 #4 & #5 bucks all with in bow range and also got a shot off but cut 2 branches with the arrow deflecting it to miss him.That's 7 sits and one shot at 3 of my target bucks. Best season so far out of 22.Playing the wind early is allowing me these opertunities . I also noticed I need to change the month to 9th month on my TC instead of 8th.
    Rocky

15. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Rocky, your bound to nail a giant any day! Your on some real studs there and I see you closing the deal anytime. Good luck sir!

16. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    Guys just a reminder. When you enter your deer make sure you have the date and time of your harvests. As well as your two pictures and if you want your gear. From the looks of it our team has done well doing this but just a reminder. Thanks! Also Youngfart its only a matter of time! Good luck! I hunted last night in an old used to be planted field. Had right as filming light left 2 HUGE does and a younger one at 6 yards! Could have shot her but no film light was left! 5 min. earlyer and we would have had 50 points and a BDD! Im going to sit again there tonight and hopefully they will come back in (earlyer than yesterday)!

17. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Extreme16 EL CAPTAIN
    GOOD LUCK TONIGHT
    Rocky

18. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    Not looking good tonight. I might get rained out.... hopefully the rain will stop in an hour or two!

19. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Rain is a good thing. As long as you can see the deer go down. Keeps your scent down too.
    Rocky

20. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    I ended up going and saw 4 does at 40 yards (To thick to get a shot off). It was a great night just hope the does will come in closer so i can get a shot off at one in the next couple of days.