Creed xs trouble

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by yamaha562, Dec 3, 2013.

1. yamaha562

yamaha562 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thanks!

2. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    May have just got an odd duck in the mfg. line, I am sure with your receipt Mathews will set things right. They are solid bows overall but things happen. See if they would comp. you some arrows or a target, ask and be firm you are not happy now but could be if..
    Good luck-

3. yamaha562

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah deffinetly not a happy camper. Will deff try to get something out of this like you said arrows or a target

4. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I doubt you will get anything free. The warranty the bow and will fix it. They will make it right and get a good working bow in your hands. They are a great company.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

5. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    All the more reason to try a Bowtech

All joking aside, I hope you get the issue lined out. Mathews is a great brand, and they haven't became as successful as they are by not correcting their mistakes.

6. Jbc3902

Jbc3902 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Brace height can be changed, however the ata will also normally be off. That would all depend on to many or to few twist in the cable or string. But I agree with those above me, get Matthews to swap it for another bow. They aren't going to make 100% of their bows perfect but they will fix em when they aren't.

7. yamaha562

Dislikes Received:
    Lancaster talked to Mathews and they are aware of the problem and have a solution. they said due to the bow being backed out to 60# it allows the cables to pop off the roller guard. they assured that if we changed a part of the roller(not sure which part) to one from a creed or helim that it would fix the problem. Mathews is still working on the issue. Lancaster is also throwing in a giftcard for gas money. hopefully after this is all over I will not have any more trouble.

8. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Perfect. You have to love good customer service!

9. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the creed xs and creed are crap there still working out the kinks with the new split limbs ive had so much trouble with my creed its insane. But my creed xs is ok but my friend bought one and after about 100 shots the limbs started creaking when you draw it back chris at mathews told us its just the limbs breaking in and its fine and should go away . Mathews has been having so many problems with these 2 bows these bows have gotten the most complaints out of any of there bows to date this is why mathews didnt wanna make a split limb bow they used to talk crap about them everbody remember matt mcphersons interveiw when he said he would never make one what happened to that im about to trade mine in for a zxt in black the creeds arent worth it wait till next years bows .

10. MichiHunter

MichiHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Take a little advice from me. A small business owner who deals with this sort if thing often (consumer electronics) just call ahead, let the know that it's happening again, and that you're no longer confident in your purchase. Mathews is obviously a very good name and I'm certain they stand behind their products. However, sometimes things break, even on new equipment. It's inconvenient and frustrating for everyone involved.

Be nice to the dealer. It's not his fault. He didn't make the bow. State your case, decide what you want to do, whether its a new bow, repair, or completely different manufacturer.

Call him, set appt to come in, and do the deed.

(Why call for an appt? You're giving the dealer time to call his Mathews rep and figure out what can be done. They'll work this part out before you walk on the door. This way you're getting resolution, and you're not surprising the dealer with questions that he might have difficulty answering immediately.

Handle it this way and you'll walk out happy. Surprise him and you'll have to make more trips.

11. yamaha562

Dislikes Received:
    yeah they already have the part there with my name on it with a gift card to make up for some of the gas money from all the trips. i told them id be there saturday morning so there waiting for me. hopefully everything goes well.

12. WesternMdHardwoods

WesternMdHardwoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I personally would not be happy still? If I just bought a BRAND NEW $800+ 60-70lb bow and it can not be adjusted without the aid of new parts, I would be getting a new bow. I am not saying a new brand, but atleast a new Creed XS with max 60lb limbs.

It sounds to me like they are trying to put a band aid on a known problem. I hope it fixes it for you, and you dont just become a test dummy for them. I would atleast ask if you cant get a new 60lb max if there seems to be a problem with 70lb'ers being backed down.

13. yamaha562

Dislikes Received:
    They asked me if I want a 60# max bow but.I said no. I want to be able to increase the weight in the future. But yeah I get what your saying here.

14. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let us know how it holds up. I wonder what will happen when you go up in poundage....anyway...good luck!

15. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Where exactly did you come up with these "statistics"?

16. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kinda what I was thinking.....an inch and a mile are a ways off if ya get me......bit of a stretch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

17. yamaha562

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,have not been on here since starting this thread and forgot to let you guys know about the outcome. eventually mathews decided to give me a new bow. Got the same thing creed xs 70# max and the same thing happened to two new bows. then i decided i no longer wanted to deal with this problem so i told them i wanted a whole different bow. they worked it out with lancaster archery and i received a chill at no extra charge. after all the trouble i was happy with the out come!

18. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    By adding or removing twists in the cables you can change brace height.

19. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As said, changing AtA and brace is very easy by messing with string and cable lengths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk