Covert guys, I have a problem...

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Buck Magnet, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well today I decided to check my Black60 that I last checked on the 31st. I had filled a 2 gig card and when looking through the photos I found that the card filled up the evening of the 1st. I had a good amount of deer pictures but I am guessing close to 700 photos were blank. The camera is set in the open and no real amount of brush in front of it. I had already turned the sensitivity from high to medium but it hasn't seemed to help. I put an 8 gig card in and put it on video mode to try out. I also lowered it to "low sensitivity" and am hoping this helps and that this isnt a sign of things to come with the Covert. I had had a Reconyx on the same tree with the highest sensitivity and in years of use have got maybe a dozen empty photos.

So what exactly are the settings that you guys are using on field edges and how many blank photos are you getting?

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Any pics of the blanks to see what is near the camera that may be setting it off. Also have you had this issue before in the same exact spot?

3. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The cameras over minerals/plots are set at 3 pictures with a 1 or 2 minute delay. The cameras that I have on trails are set at 3 pictures with 0 second delay.

You will still get some blank pictures due to bugs, wind, birds, etc.