Covert CA 3.0 ???

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by vectrix27, Feb 16, 2013.

1. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started a thread a few days asking about cameras. Im a rookie in this camera stuff. Everybody told me to go with Covert. Was wondering if the Covert CA 3.0 was any good. It seemed affordable. Just wanted some input before i bought one. Or should I just wait and save to get a couple of MP6? Thanks

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You should wait it out and go with a 2013 model mp6. Im still waiting for them. The pics from most coverts Ive seen are really great

3. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Be patient, I'm waitin till March also.

Either go with some mp6's or get some mpe5's very affordable and same awesome picture quality as the rest of the Covert line up!

I have an mp6 right now an ill tell you what, for the price it is one hell of a cam. An from what I've heard from others the Covert customer service is out of this world if god forbid anythin would happen to your cam.

4. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You can't go wrong with the covert line up. I have a couple of the ca3.0 and I still love them,they have a place that no other cam I have found will do the job and that is you can put the cam on the smallest tree or even on standing corn stalks and they blend in like no other cam I have found. The best thing is they fit into any pocket so if I see a spot when I am walking in or out to my stand i just slap it up.
    There are still a lot of 3.0 and 4.0 online for cheap. The mpe5 will be out in the market soon for just a few more $$

5. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There will be some close out deals on MP6's real soon I would take advantage of it.

I took 100 2012 MP6's to a show this weekend and sold 96 of them for $100 each :D

6. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wish you woulda sent me about 3 of them. Im ready to get this camera addiction started.

7. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I got two CA coverts but I agree wait and get either the MP6 or the MPe5...I plan on adding one of each of the new line up just a matter of when :D

8. SugarCreek

SugarCreek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You can get SG370-4M which is the same as CA 4.0 and SG570-6M which has 6MP resolution now on Ebay and Amazon, at reduced price.

What's more, it offers 73 feet of detection other cameras can only dream about.

9. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    let us know when this happens i will jump all over it

10. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Your supposed to hook ME up when the good deals become available...not everyone else ;)

11. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One time I had a Covert detect my on my tractor at 80 yards. Does that mean I can claim 80 yard detection ??

That being said a picture of a deer at 73 feet wont tell you a whole lot about that deer. Especially at 6 MP

But feel free to share some photos and bring something other than shameless plugs on a Covert post to the forums.

12. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I havent used any other coverts other than the Ca3.0s and Ca4.0s. But i really like them. The cameras hide up really well because of their shape and size and take real good pictures, And the battery life is real good for 4 AA's.

13. SugarCreek

SugarCreek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

While DLC Covert discontinnued CA 3.0 and 4.0, Scoutguard still carry these cameras as SG370-4M and SG570-6M.
    In addition, this year, a twin-pack will be offered for those who buy a lot or have a budget limit.