Cover Scent and other attractants

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by KidCannon, Nov 1, 2010.

1. KidCannon

KidCannon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Was wondering what the best cover scent that yall use is. Also wondering what kind of attractant yall have had the most luck with; as in urine or salt licks/acorn stuff.

2. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    vanishing hunter from buckfever synthetics for cover scent and their other products for attractants; go to buckfeverusa.com

3. KidCannon

KidCannon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    actually have the gland and the vanishing hunter. was wondering if there was anything better

4. Hoythews71

Hoythews71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The only cover scent I use is the fresh earth dryer sheets.

Best attractant I've found is a tarsal gland off a deer. Harvest a buck during the rut, and freeze the gland until rut next season. Nothing better than the real thing.

5. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    buck fever's products never spoil unlike anything else on the market, bottom-line! This stuff has awesome shelf life, at least up to 5+ years or more. Don't have to freeze or keep cool either. Better than any fresh bottled natural doe or buck urine from a deer farm hands down...

6. Hoythews71

Hoythews71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, he asked what we've had success with. I've never used the Buck Fever products, and Im not saying they don't work either.

Me, I'd rather use something that I know for a fact is 100% real because I personally took it off of my deer. I'm sure Buck Fever is real good stuff though.

7. FLCracker

FLCracker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've never had any luck with attractants or scents until this year i started using Ever Calm. It's not billed as an attractant but more of a calming scent that smells like deer and makes them feel comfortable. I dont know if it makes them comfortable or not but i have rubbed it on a few trees and bushes and have watched deer walk up and smell it and they didnt mind it so maybe it does what they say. It comes in a deodorant stick and i rub it on my boot soles as im walkin in and then hit a few trees with it around my stand. If nothin else its been fun to watch the deer come to it and not freak out and blow and run off.