Couple Good Bucks

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Justin, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    It looks like that last week of October when the temps gold cold really brought the big guys out to hit the scrape lines. I had my Cudde Excite out in Mid-October in an area where scrapes usually open up and sure enough one did about 5 days after I put my camera out. Looks like I've got two studly 8 pointers on film, one scary looking 2 1/2 year old 6 point, and a nice 2 1/2 year old 8 point that I have quite a few pics of from this year and last year when he was a dink 1 1/2.

Unfortunately we found a nice roadkill buck on this property with his rack cut off so I'm hoping its not one of the two big guys as I'll be back hunting this farm now that I'm home from our trip.

This guy looks like a 3 1/2 year old deer to me. Good shoulder depth, but his backend is pretty small and he has a tight stomach. If he makes it another year this guy is gonna blow into a 170" deer for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now this is definitely an older buck. At least 4.5 if not 5.5. I believe this is the camera shy 10 pointer I've gotten photos of the past two seasons, but without a head-on shot it's hard to tell. He's got really good mass and long, arrow straight brows characteristic of that buck. If you look at this chest where his neck meets into his body and how deep that is, alogn with his sagging stomach, big rump, and "short" looking legs you can tell he is truly a mature deer. I'd love to get a look at this guy! :tu:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the scary looking 6 pointer. We've traditionally had some really big 6 point bucks on this farm over the years (3 year olds and older) but haven't seen those particular genetics in a few years until now. He gets a pass this year, but next year he'll be a candidate.

[​IMG]

And this is a buck I've nicknamed 'Scar'. Very original, I know. But it's like the bad lion brother from The Lion King. You know what I'm talking about. :D Last year we had some pics of him when his side was all torn open, but obviously it healed and he made it. A good 2 1/2 year old buck that should be P&Y next year. Again, he'll get a pass from me this year but next fall he won't be so lucky.

[​IMG]

I've got two more cameras to check this weekend that have been out since Mid-October so I'm hoping to get a few more buck photos, hopefully a few more of these 10 pointers. :tu:

2. Jim1966

Jim1966 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bucks.

3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great pics Justin!

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I have a bad feeling that big dark-racked buck is the one that got hit by a car last week. I stopped over to look at the carcass and it's definitely a big mature beast. Probably 250+lbs with a big old Roman nose and a huge deep chest. If it wasn't him, it was another dandy that's for sure. :cry:

Did get another pic of a good 3 1/2 year old 9 pointer though, so at least there's a few shooters running around. Will post it up when I get home tonight. Forgot the memory card on my desk.

5. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck, hope the older ten is still out there.