Could Be A Good Morning

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by racewayking, Oct 28, 2008.

1. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Finally colder here, in the low 20's with windchill of 19 degrees. Barometer rising slightly and currently at 30.36, deer should be moving today!

2. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Cant be any worse then my last 5 hunts at least.

3. Camo500EFI

Camo500EFI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good weather and all but I have to work!! Next chance for a hunt will be Sunday but I will atleast be able to be out all day and I'm hoping the corn is down by then.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Funny - I took the puppy out this morning and when I got outside I thought to myself "Some deer are gonna die today." Its a perfect morning here. Too bad I'll be releasing pheasants at the hunt club shortly, then follow that up with "working" at the office!

Todd is out this morning - maybe he'll have some luck!

5. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i hear ya justin, i'll be picking up a trailer from uhaul and decoration the office for the halloween party for the kids tomorrow.........

6. dmjarb01

dmjarb01 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking along that same lines this morning. Wish I could be out there, but I can't keep skipping classes. I'm definitely going Fri. and Sat. though. Can't freaking wait. This will actually be my first hunt this year. I am so far behind.

7. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    I have seen 4 bucks and a button but no shooters yet. Mechdoc never made it so if a bruiser shows he's mine.

8. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Well get it done already, get off that phone and pay attention. Be a good team member!!!!

9. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was awoke at 5am to a boat screaming across the lake. Shortly after sunrise gun shots like crazy. Birds must have been coming in! Good luck this morning Jason!

10. dblrds

dblrds Newb

Dislikes Received:
    good luck to you. I am cutting out of work this afternoon and going to my dad's ranch in east tx to hunt tonight and maybe tomorrow morn. He claims to have seen at least 4 bucks from 140 - 160 inch in the last 3 days. I am going to try to get one before the lead starts flying saturday and you never see them again.

11. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Dude, between last night and this morning I saw 14 bucks, a few of which look like the same deer. The only shooter busted me walking in yesterday at 3pm. I just got home to take care of a few things then will be back out between 12-1pm. I got bucks that should be coming in after 1pm. I'm tired of passing on deer.

This morning I waited for MECHDOC but he never showed so I got there later than expected. I was in the tree putting on a sweatshirt and my coat when I heard rattling in the dark. I called in both bucks with the ghetto puppet can and they mulled about until shooting light. I passed since they were 85" and 105" bucks. The 105" is mean as all hell and seems to think he is the dominant deer. I let them walk of and waited 15 minutes and called again, this time a little five point fork came in and walked through followed by a button buck. Shortly after a broken racked 8 came through and last but not least a 4 point fork came through and caught me off guard. Almost got busted and the sun was screwing up my hunt so I booked. This afternoon should be good from the looks of it so hopefully getting out early will allow me to get a shot on a big boy.

12. Camo500EFI

Camo500EFI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like my place since opening day for duck & goose. Sounds like a war zone and I love it!