Conquest Scents Hunters Pack Vs-1 and Ever Calm Stick 1240

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Tony, Oct 27, 2015.

1. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I actually just ordered some deer dander. I've never seen or used the stuff before. Any advice?

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like deer dander, no real rhyme or reason to it orher than I like the smell and it gives a bit more confidence. Stuff sure is expensive anymore but I always buy a bottle or two each year.

It has always had good reviews so I bought it and never looked back. Actually look forward to spraying it in the mornings :lol:

3. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use the deer heard scent and it works wonders!!! I've had does down wind of me and not act spooky or nothing and even follow the trial in that I walk on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really like the deer heard in a stick. The estrous and buck sticks are worthless IMO and everyone else that I hunt with or have talked to about them saw the same thing.

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I haven't heard any good things about the estrous. Rutting buck must be new, never heard of it. You can get two sticks of the herd on a stick cheaper than the combo pack which is what I do.

Only estrous I buy is a buck bomb, and that's for more of a cover scent than the estrous aspect of it bt usually the same price so why not.

Trying to figure out what to use for a decoy actually, need to start cutting the tarsels off bucks and vaccuum sealijg them for the following years hunts. Not sure if a doe tarsal would be worthwhile or not?

6. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have used the original ever calm, the yellow label. I only use in a specific situation were I will be hunting the same stand for more then on day in a row. I put it on my boots for the walk in, and reapply as I get close to the stand. I have never seen a deer react negatively to my trail while using it, several have followed the trail and most just ignore it. With that success I tried the vs 1, red label and haven't had any thing good or bad from its use. Typical of all the scents I have tried over the years.
    Ever calm is the only scent I use at this point.

7. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I always get Evercalm at Dunhams and use a 20% off coupon to get it around $17. Really think that stuff works, just haven't dropped the dime on the VS1 stuff. Reading many comments about it this year and last not many think it works well for the price.

8. Buckaholic84

Buckaholic84 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use the ever calm and it def works. Dont know about the vs 1 but the ever calm is the best scent ive used. It doesnt necessarily attract deer but it seems to calm them down. Ive seen a coyote following my tracks after putting on my boots and deer walk down wind of me and not bolt.

I always put on my boots and bottom of my tree and some trees downwind of me. I wont go in the woods without it

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How far do you guys walk before refreshing the boot sole? How much are you putting on your tree?

Admittedly I haven't put it on my boots, I generally get in stand and put a swipe or two on limbs to either side of the tree trunk behind me then swipe a few down my arms and front chest on each side.

Do you put it on the tree to where it chunks off?

10. Buckaholic84

Buckaholic84 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If im walking real far ill add it again to my boots when i get close to my hunting area. I usually just do a couple trees upwind and downwind from me and maybe one or two in the area the deer walk threw. I put about maybe 2 or 3 swipes up and down. It really doesnt take a whole lot. Sometimes i have left the stick open at bottom of my tree. I have found it to be a very affrectuve cover scent.

Im sure it doesnt tktally mask your scent but deer may think other deer have been there recently so its safe.

11. bucktail30

bucktail30 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You wipe it on yourself?!?!

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sure, not on my skin. Wipe it on my jacket and even pant legs. We're not talking estrous or buck urine.

What's the difference between using it and say deer dander? Both are supposed to mask scent while allegedly keeping the deer calm.

13. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do the same, I throw it in my sealed clothes bag as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk