COLD weather bowhunts

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Longdraw, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm relatively new to bowhunting and looking to extend my season. I have only been on hunts where the temps are mild: above 40 degrees or so because I don't have land and my friends that invite me are fare weather fans.
    If I get into some colder hunts do I need to consider my arrow flight changing significantly due to cold strings and limbs?
    The last couple years of hunts have ended by this time even though we have a few more weeks to hunt, and I'd love more venison in the freezer.
    Thanks all. Keep the stories coming because I'd love to be out there hunting with you.

2. primetime_Deion

primetime_Deion Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't heard of arrow flight changing due to cold limbs and strings, but I am pretty new to this stuff too. I just pull my bow back when I get up in my stand to get things moving and maybe once more a couple hours later when no movement is around me. Just make sure you can pull back your bow still with all those layers on before you leave the truck when you layer up for the cold. Don't wanna have that bruiser buck come by and not be able to pull back. But with all that adrenaline going thru the body, I'm sure you'd find a way!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My bow seems to shoot fine in the cold, like mentioned get out to the range and practice in your full hunting gear to make sure that your sleeves or collar doesn't catch and make your arrow go off target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Practice like you Play. :tu:

5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The only issue that I have ever had when shooting in cold weather..............................

I get cold and don't like it!!!!!