Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Cobra Sure-Loc Sidewinder Review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by OKbowhunter, Jul 31, 2008.

1. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've had this sight for about 2 weeks now. Thought I would give my opinion on it.

First let me start out the review by saying this is not the sight I planned to buy. I walked in the store planning to choose between the Copper John Dead Nuts 2 or a Spot Hog Real Deal. But for some reason, this was in my hands when I left. And I have to say, I am very happy with my choice:tu:.

First off, this is the first sight that I have owned that is microadjustable. So it is no surpise that I am impressed with this feature. The ease makes me wonder why I am just now getting one of these:whip:.

Sorry, the flash makes the coils kinda glow.
    [​IMG]

The pin brightness is about as good as it gets IMO. I really think Cobra nailed that line between good visibility and TOO bright. Some sights can look apealling in the store, but then then feel like you have a mini mag-lite buring your cornea when you actually shoot with it. The pins are very bright, and stay that way in low light, but they don't get that annoying haze around them when the pins are too bright. There are 2 feet of fiber optic coil per pin...A feature that I like alot.

[​IMG]

As a whole, the durability seems great so far. Even with it extended out all the way, it feels nice and solid. The pins look like they are protected pretty good as well.

[​IMG]

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. If had one complaint it would have to be this. The level is outside of the pin guard, toward the shooter. Which I don't really understand. If it was inside the pin guard, under the pins, it would be perfect.

[​IMG]

I give it a 8.5 out of 10

and 2:tu:

2. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a good one OKIE! Honestly i dont think cobra gets credit where credit is due much any more, and they have some great products out there now. I think there older days are still etched in many peoples minds and just dont get the attention they should. let us know how she holds up after the season :cool:

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I owned a Sidewinder for a few years when they first came out and had great luck with it. My only complaint was just like any other wrapped fiber pins, the fibers get brittle and can break. Although unlike my CJ I was able to repair those on my own. I really like the looks of the new Cobra sight with the completely protected fibers. Anyone get one of those yet??

4. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the review...always good to get feedback on things that we see in the stores...I would have thought that the pins would be too bright just looking at the set up, good to know.