Climbing sticks - advice

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by StringJumper, Aug 2, 2020.

1. StringJumper

StringJumper Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have hunted from climbers and ladder stands. But now have a property where climbing sticks and a lock-on are the only solution given size and type of trees.

What climbing sticks do you all recommend.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For the best value I have found is the API Huntin sticks. They are double sided and 32" long. Comes as a 3 pack for $99. Some time you can find them on sale for $79. Sell them at Cabelas and other retailers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have Hawk Heliums, the older ones, not the suction cuppy ones. I’m running them full length with a lone wolf versa button and tetherd versa straps. I like them a lot.

4. Kenneth Jasinski

Kenneth Jasinski Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on what your looking to spend, We have bought around 15 climbing sticks from the sportsman guide at around 35 to 40 bucks each and that are great quality for the price, havent had any break or any issues with any of them. they are bulky and heavy to carry and setup but with two guys its not bad at all. But if your going for a hang n hunt setup, i have the lone wolf setup, stand and sticks. I researched for along time and decided on the lone wolf and i love them. Mine are a few years old now and i have two sets of them so i sometimes pack 3,4, or 5 sticks depending on how high i want to go. i usually carry 4 sticks. total weight for stand and 4 sticks plus straps is around 22 lbs. not to bad and the weight is close to your back so it doesnt feel as heavy.

5. StringJumper

StringJumper Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums