Climbing Stands

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Xsoldier416, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Xsoldier416

Xsoldier416 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So as this will be my first time using my own equipment, I was wondering if anyone has used a climbing stand with a permanent ladder to it? Obviously the idea of a climbing stand is to climb the tree with it up and down, but if you have a great spot you like and you don't want to lug it out with you every time a ladder might be easier. I only ask using the climber as I found a great deal on one and figured it would be a little more convenient if I wanted to move from place to place. Thoughts?

X

2. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think you'd be better off putting a ladder stand in that spot. You can get a ladder stand at Menards for $50 during hunting season.

3. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Too much of a hassle

4. Xsoldier416

Xsoldier416 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome thanks for the input. Since I've already got this thread open though, I was using my stand yesterday and one of the nylon straps to the seat ripped. It's not a huge deal, but I'd like to get it fixed. Any ideas on a cheap yet reliable fix for a suspended pad? It's just 6 nylon straps attached to the seat and then around the frame. The stand is a Loggy Bayou, not exactly sure of the age. Also has anyone come up with a good foot system before I make up my own? There are some straps, but they are in the wrong place and I was wondering if anyone else had a good system already. Thanks
    X

5. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know some people who do it.