Climber Stand opinions

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jcz, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Jrob140

Jrob140 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use a summit viper, I carry it in and out everytime but to be fair I don't use it all year round, mostly during the rut. I do carry a backpack in and out, all in all its not too bad unless you start up a steep hill haha. In my opinion anything by Lone Wolf and Summit will put you in good shape.

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are without a doubt, the two best stands out there. I'm just a commited LW fan.

3. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a loc on limit that I use with 3 lone wolf sticks as my portable lock on stand and then I also use a Summit Viper climber. I don't use a backpack for my gear, I have a small fanny pack that I pack stuff in but this next season I'm going to limit the amount of things I take with. I find that 80% of the stuff in it I really don't need.

4. jcz

jcz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, Sound Barrier good point about the brush clanging against the metal. Early in the tape on the sides are good idea and I will do that trick for sure. I was looking at the lone wolf and summit with the summit being a little better priced. Both look to be high quality but the little things about noise is big for me also. I have 3 hanging stands on private but would like a climber for the public I like to hunt at. Its March so I have some time may see if any of them go on sale.
    Thanks

5. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Get good carry straps with padding when you get a climber. It will make a huge difference. I know some guys buy the padded gun slings from Walmart.

6. alecmeurer1

alecmeurer1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use LW hand climb combo II. At firsts I didn't like it there is no rail. Now j love it it is 20 lbs lighter than my summit viper and I love it now ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1456793381.658428.jpg

7. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a summit razor that I use on public land. I put my gear in a fanny pack and strap it to the stand and strap extra clothes to it with a bungee cord. I bought a mesh seat for the stand. The summit seats are great for sitting but got in my way when I wanted to stand up. I also have an old Miles Keller climber someone sold me when I was in high school. It's tippy and doesn't bite hard trees well, and is a hand climber so it's a work out, but its super light, has a huge platform, and compfy seat.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  8. mike71198

mike71198 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is not my stand just a pic I found on the net, but it is how attach my backpack to climber. thLFHZVHT4.jpg

I also recommend new straps for treestands I use molle straps and waist belt off ebay or army navy store

9. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I use the summit viper sd, i bring a pack as well i found the silencing straps the stand comes with works well to strap my pack to my stand when im walking in and out since the stand goes on my back as well.