Clicking noise when I pull my bow back?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BOW/zimmer, Sep 4, 2012.

1. BOW/zimmer

BOW/zimmer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just recently I had my bow re strung and have been shooting pretty regularly and just recently I have been noticing a clicking noise right as I start to draw my bow back. Bow is still shooting like it should, it is just that clicking noise that is giving me problems. Any ideas on what might be causing this? I shoot a Bowtech Tribute pulling 65lbs.

Thanks for any advise.

2. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cable glide may need to be replaced. Had the same noise as you described after I had my Truth 2 restrung. Replaced the cable guide and noise gone. My best guess buddy, goodluck

Dave

3. ILLbucknut

ILLbucknut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Grease the limb pockets

Just had my Tribby dipped and put it back together. I had to take it back apart to grease the pockets... no more creaking.

Just an idea

4. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I went out one wet snowy night and while I'm in my tree I pull back right away to loosen up and to make sure I don't bump my arm on anything my bow starts chattering. I pull it back a couple more times and I couldn't figure it out cuz I knew for sure a deer would definitely hear it. When I got at home in some good light I took a better look and figured out it was the cable slide. It was getting moisture in it that made it stick and chatter as it attempted to slide while I pulled it back. I let it dry and it went away. Maybe that's your problem. Your cable slide is sticking. :nana:

5. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When I had a clicking sound when drawing my bow it was caused from cracked bushings in the cams. This was due to shooting light, 5 grains/pound arrows.

6. LongIslandBowHunting

LongIslandBowHunting Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the cable ride may have some grit/ sand in there, my brother had a similar problem and there was a few pieces of sand in there we just cleaned it out and was fine.

7. Drop_Tine5214

Drop_Tine5214 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Funny story, my uncle had the same problem with a clicking and creaking noise in his bow. When he took it into the pro shop they couldn't get the bow to do it. When they had him draw it back for them they found out that it was his shoulder making the noise and not the bow lol. Another wild possibility to consider.