Chewing tobacco while sitting in the stand

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Don't Poke the Bear, Sep 11, 2012.

1. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When I dipped while hunting I used to spit the skoal apple under the stand all the time. After the leaves fell I noticed the leaves were always moved around under my stand not down to the ground but like something had been pawing looking for acorns. I put a trail camera on it and 2 different bucks were kicking up the leaves nosing and licking where I was spitting. I was amazed. They weren't big bucks buy just the same they liked it. I'm not saying it attracted them there. They might have been walking by and investigated it. But they liked it fresher because they would hit it soon after me being in the stand!

2. liwhitetail

liwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I always have copenhagen in on stand I can't wait to throw one on on those early mornings! come to thing of it every deer I've shot with a bow I've had Copenhagen in my mouth lol.

3. Chall08

Chall08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Glad I'm not the only one ! I was a bit younger when I got sick, about 15 or 16, but to this day, i'm 22 now,I can't hardly stand the smell or taste of anything green apple ! I do love to eat apples though haha.

To add to the thread I usually always have a chew or dip in while in the stand. I spit in a bottle and have never had a problem seeing deer while chewing or dipping

4. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. I usually put one in about 10 minutes before heading to the stand, that way I'm don't spitting by the time I'm walking in. I've had a chew in with every deer I've shot

5. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  6. Dickie Tunes

Dickie Tunes Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I chew while on stand , two years ago I shot two P&Y bucks out of the same tree in a week.....I dont think it bothers them at all. My hunting partner however is convinced that the deer smell it and spook away from the tree while hunting and chewing. We have made an agreement this year when im filming him I cant dip but when hes filming me im dipping away!!!! GRIZZLY WINTERGREEN!

7. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I always chew while hunting and never seemed to bother them. I did do the skoal apple thing last year when I shot my buck and had copenhagen long cut in when I shot two does in Nebraska within thirty seconds of each other. I don't spit though I gut it. Because of highschool (years ago) and chewing not being allowed I learned to "upper lip dip" you don't salivate as much and is much easier to gut. I went cheap this year and am now chewing Grizzly 1900 and you can bet i'll have a dip in deer hunting, elk hunting, bear hunting,etc.

The two legged deer are the only ones that seem to get scared and run away from it.

8. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just dont chew and you dont have to worry about it.

9. LongIslandBowHunting

LongIslandBowHunting Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  10. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would try that skoal apple if anything that would probably work the best for you