Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Cecil The Lion

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rednas5, Jul 29, 2015.

1. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where is the outrage by these protesters of the actions by planned parenthood? That lion would kill you if given the chance yet million of defenseless babies are killed and these liberals are silent. They lose their minds over a single lion yet are mum when millions of babies are killed (also by doctors).

2. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Where was the outrage when this lion was harvested a month ago!

3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The dentist just closed his office to redecorate his office, his old kids room art work needed to be changed:lmao:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to systematically start naming Great white sharks so no one can touch them. This one is now Billy the cuddly little great white shark. He is off limits!

[​IMG]

5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh billy, billy , billy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He's so cute and he loves humans.........

7. rcowan

rcowan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The libs cry over a lion but kill over 300,000 babies every year.

RC

8. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would pay big bucks to run a harpoon through Billy from Hooker's kayak. What a thrill that would be. Just me and Billy and the angry sea.

9. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If Cecil would have pounced on a local Zimbabwean tribesman squatting in the bush and crushed his skull and eaten him, I wonder if any of the lib-dem idiots here in the USA would even know or care?? We know they dont give a damn about killing human babies so they might not care.

10. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  11. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
  12. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If anything, this incident exposes a trend today with left-wing wacko environmentalists. They find an incident that normally no one would care about, and blow it up into something where they gain national attention.

The reason I say it's becoming a trend is this is exactly what's happening with the keystone pipeline. Normally no one would give a damn about a pipeline, there are thousands and thousands of miles of pipeline in this country that weren't scrutinized but yet the environmentalist decided to focus on this one to gain national attention to further their cause.

This lion story is no different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Detroit Lions have been getting killed for years and nobody cares.

14. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just had this women on Facebook call me a Lion killer because I didn't agree with extraditing the guy lol

"well, Corey, looking at how young you are, I think maybe you'll become a Cecil killer yourself one day, or worse, heck, the richest hunters in Europe seem to want to move beyond harmless animals to something better. So. Beware of Blood Lust. Never has been that healthy for anyone, especially animals and children." Jane Hafker

I always found sitting in my treestand relaxing and the venison is super healthy!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  15. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agree. I think the media made this big in the US to take our outrage off the sell of aborted babies. F'd up.

16. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The big problem in my eyes is that it's not left-wing wackos doing most of the damage. My Facebook feed is littered with posts of people I personally know - some family members, and even some hunters - who are upset about this. None of them have the real facts nor are concerned with obtaining them. They simply want to join the chorus of the masses and feel that by taking the moral high ground on an issue - they don't necessarily care which one - so they can feel better about themselves or make people think that they're a better person by doing so.

From a societal perspective it's really very interesting. People who have never been to Africa, never seen a wild lion, never donated a penny to lion conservation or any animal conservation for that matter, are up in arms about something they really know nothing about and will most likely forget in a month's time.

The people on the far ends of the spectrum (both left and right) are rarely the ones that need to be worried about. Their extreme nature is typically polarizing enough to deflate their cause before it gets too big. It's time to start worrying when the person who never cared one way or another about hunting suddenly takes a stand against it. That large majority of the population ultimately controls our fate as hunters so we must continue to ensure the scales are not tipping against us.

17. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Social Media is one of the worst thing that has ever happened to news. Now, the only important thing is to be the first. Doesn't matter one bit if you are 100% wrong in what you are reporting, just be the first to say it. There's no fact checking any more, and every other media source will jump on the bandwagon once something gets out. If it's wrong, they just shrug their shoulders and move on to the next hot topic of the moment. We as consumers have just accepted this. It's pretty sad and I have zero respect for the media these days. It's a joke.

18. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't get why abortions and killing babies has ANYTHING to do with Cecil the lion... Why are people making that argument?

19. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its about what makes the news. Libs scream daily about the lion. They are mum on the Planned Parenthood scandal. The libs use a lot of non-events to create smoke screens for things that they don't want to talk about.

20. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The moral correlation is that the life of a lion is worth more than the life of aborted babies. They should be more upset about human life than animal life is the point they are making.