Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Carrying and lifting your camera

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by kentuckybuck, Dec 16, 2016.

1. kentuckybuck

kentuckybuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I took my camera out for the first time the other day and self filmed my hunt. It went really well, had 3 does come in and eat for awhile , then got a coyote on camera running through(chasing a doe).

My question is how do you all get your camera equipment to and up to your stand? Also, what bag do you all use?

I have the canon g30 with muddy arm, rode mic, fluid head. I just stuffed it all into my bag and put it on my back, seemed to work however does take up most of the room and no way if was bringing horns and such i could put it all in there. I saw the other day on tv they were lifting there camera up by a cord like I do with my bow. Do you all do that ? I am just curious, looking for most productive and quietest way to set up. Thanks.

2. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking at buying the badlands camera day pack for this exact same reason. If you sign up for their December deals newsletter, each day they have one majorly discounted item. The camera day pack still hasn't come up yet, and it might not come up at all but if it does I will be buying it!

3. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using the LowePro Flipside 400 AW for several seasons now (I think this is my 5th season with it) and still this pack is the best for my situation. I run a Canon XA20 w/ mics, Muddy arm and base, various lighting, small cameras, and basic hunting gear.

These photos are a few years old, but the basic setup is essentially the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i am using the badlands camera pro pack this yr for hauling my gear. the pack is huge and has tons of room for things but it is heavy. just an empty pack i think weighs 6lbs so by the time i get all my hunting gear and camera equipment loaded im basically carrying a climber on my back. i wouldnt hoist my camera by a rope to get it into the tree. im sure it can be some awesome footage but i would be afraid of it hitting something or dropping and i have to much money invested to trust a rope. look at gameplan gear cameraman pack i think they can be found for cheap

5. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ran this pack briefly a few years back. It is a MONSTER of a pack. I dumped it. Just too big, especially once in the stand and trying to get gear in and out of it.

6. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  7. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Are you scare of someone seeing your face? :lol: I feel like I am watching a Jihadist video ... :ninja:

8. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a deer terrorist