Cant make up my mind

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ruttin2, Oct 16, 2015.

1. ruttin2

ruttin2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can't make up my mind on where i would like to hunt.. here are the details

Proporty A: this proporty is mostly fields with some woods on it and i can hunt either side of the road both are cut Corn fields with standing corn with in 150-200 yards away and also a cut bean field i have a few stands up and see a lot of deer but they are normally about 100 yards away coming out of a huge bedding area into the cut corn field i do habe trail cam pics by my tree stand tho. 1 decent buck just be for legal shooting light the trail cameras been out a week now and a bunch of does 1 doe at 10 am this past Wednesday. A bunch at night and some in the evenings. I have set eyes on a big buck he was at last light 50 yards away. And seen him the other night in the evening as well. This is a lease of mine from.a friend's grandparents who let me hunt it for cheap and would also let me hunt it for free but i pay to have it all to my self.

Proporty B: this proporty i have been hunting since i first started hunting and has more bucks than does i have seen a lot of big deer here and have killed a lot of deer there but have been trying new stands this year and haven't seen a deer there in the morning other than opening morning when my girlfriend killed her first compound bow deer which was a 5 pt. But have other stands and one Stand is a hot spot during the rut and does hang out around there as well. There are not many agg fields around within a few miles these are big woods that go on for miles upon miles. My girlfriend is hunting the evening with me and im going to let here choose where we go.

So i need your help on where i should go in the morning! Pick one and tell me why

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  2. ruttin2

ruttin2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Also on proporty a i have only sat 1 morning and seen 11 deer all doe

3. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    morning I would sit on property B. mainly cuz the deer will be bedding back in the timber. that is the best time to get a big one on the way back to bed. these deer could be feeding up to a mile away from their bed. it will take them time to get back there.

I used to hunt crop fields but seems like mainly evening activity until the pre rut / rut start. then maybe any time of day. if you aren't getting pics then I probably would pass for another week or so on property A.

4. ruttin2

ruttin2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good points i like it thanks for the advice keep them.coming