Can't adjust individual pins

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Jeremy Giroux, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Jeremy Giroux

Jeremy Giroux Newb

Dislikes Received:
    On my sight I adjust it to 20 yards, and when I went to shoot at 30 yards with my second pin I was high to the right after shooting multiple groupings. When I went to adjust the pin I noticed it cant be adjust left or right, but only up and down which i realized the pin falls very quickly just after barely loosening it. Any tips on what to do or recommendations for a new sight?

2. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds to me like your bow might be out of tune if its dead on at 20 but then to the right at 30. Have you had it paper tuned recently? As far as another sight, something with 2nd and 3rd axis adjustability is so underrated. I would look at Montana Black Gold, Spot Hogg, Axcel, or HHA (im not the biggest fan but a lot of people on here are)

TheHardWoods913 likes this.
  3. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    On some setups 20 yds will not show a need for site adjustment move the site and the 30 yd pin to hit the bull then go back and shoot the 20 yd pin and see what you have if no problem or a very small diff your ok . if you see you have a problem now at 20 I agree with davidingle you need a tuneup

Blarney22 likes this.